Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie & Meteor

• 24-08-2004 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Although I'm sure this thread will get either moved, blocked or deleted, I just have to ask. Does Boards.ie hav any connection at all with Meteor?

I remember I made a post that was very anti-Meteor a few months ago. Within days it was blocked.

Today I made another one, and as far as I can see it has been deleted, less than 10 hours later.

So what is it with Boards.ie and Meteor? Why do you feel the need to defend them?

They provide very bad service and their careteam is extremely unhelpful. Having made 40+ phone calls to them, I think I'm in a position to make such a statement. Meteor cause stress and they annoy their customers, and it is wrong. This cannot be defended. They provide bad service and it is a disgrace what their customers have to put up with. How can you even begin to act like what they do is okay?

All I want is your answer. Please. Anyone's answer....
    If you have no problems with Meteor then wupdeedoo, go you. There are plenty of people who don't have a problem with George Bush - so should he be allowed do all the other sh!t he does? (analogy, not a comparison)
    Someone please answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i have noticed that one of my posts about Metero was also removed before. It wasnt even a negative post... Interesting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Jamie8292 wrote:
    Although I'm sure this thread will get either moved, blocked or deleted, I just have to ask. Does Boards.ie hav any connection at all with Meteor?
    One of the admins has a Meteor phone. That’s about it.

Neither I nor DubWireless (AFAIK) have any connection to Meteor. I don’t even have a Meteor SIM.
    I remember I made a post that was very anti-Meteor a few months ago. Within days it was blocked.
    If I remember, it was a whiny rant that bordered upon libellous. All it added to the forum was the possibility of legal action. So I nuked it.
    Today I made another one, and as far as I can see it has been deleted, less than 10 hours later.
    Not me this time, but no doubt it was another whiny rant that bordered upon libellous.
    So what is it with Boards.ie and Meteor? Why do you feel the need to defend them?
    I think the pattern here that is emerging is that it’s about you rather than Meteor.
    They provide very bad service and their careteam is extremely unhelpful. Having made 40+ phone calls to them, I think I'm in a position to make such a statement. Meteor cause stress and they annoy their customers, and it is wrong. This cannot be defended. They provide bad service and it is a disgrace what their customers have to put up with. How can you even begin to act like what they do is okay?
    Look, it’s another whiny rant that borders on libellous.
    All I want is your answer. Please. Anyone's answer....
    If you have no problems with Meteor then wupdeedoo, go you. There are plenty of people who don't have a problem with George Bush - so should he be allowed do all the other sh!t he does? (analogy, not a comparison)
    Someone please answer.
    George Bush does not have his staff scanning this board for libellous material. Meteor and all the other operators do.

However, if there were any substance, evidence or frankly even literary style to your blubbering verbal offal, I would happily let it stand and defend it when they inevitably start sending complaints. But there’s not and so you’ve contravening the rules by posting it.

So I suggest you whine on another forum, or better still change operator.

Try this again and you’ll get a permanent ban. Thread closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just to follow up - i moved yesterday's rant entitled "Kill Meteor" to the Recycle Bin

p.s. and I have no links with any of the operators apart from subscribing to their services as a customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i have noticed that one of my posts about Metero was also removed before. It wasnt even a negative post... Interesting stuff.

i didn't notice that... any of your posts that have been removed from here are sent to the Recycle Bin but no Meteor related ones there... send me a PM with a date, subject and outline of the post and i'll look into it when i have a chance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement