Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a ladies stole?

• 24-08-2004 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Brief details of the story beneath the pictures. Does anybody know where I
    can buy a ladies stole (shoulder-scarf... to forfend any questions) like the one in the pictures? Basically it's about 6 feet long(plus about 8 inches of tassels at each end), it's 1 foot wide, it's translucent beige embroidered with flowery designs and what are meant to be tiny pearls.

Anyone know where they sell these?

The tassels at the end:
    stole1.jpg

Pattern detail:
    stole2.jpg

More pattern detail:
    stole3.jpg

Basically, a friend of mine borrowed the pictured stole for a particular party, it was, eh... damaged during the party, ad now she wants to buy a new one for the girl she borrowed it from. Well, you can imagine running around all the shops in Dublin trying to find a particular type of stole! However, I thought that some of the boards.ie ladies who lunch around the department stores might recognise the stole from the pictures- specifically where it might be bought?

Any suggestions as to where one might begin to look for one of these?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Are you in Dublin?

Jenny Vander, (used to be in georges st arcade, not beside it, turn left just before the powerscourt side entrance, and it should be on your left)

Now I'm going to go post on some manly thread, about beer, and um football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Monsoon? Accessorize?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

That looks a bit weddingy tbh.
    You should be able to find something similar in any of the Bridal shops.
    Look in the yellow pages and ring round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

places to try,
    Monsoon, Debenhams, Marks and Spencers, Arnotts, Tie Rack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I got something similar to that quite a while ago in Accessorise in Stephens Green Shopping Centre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dod wrote:
    Basically, a friend of mine borrowed the pictured stole for a particular party, it was, eh... damaged during the party, ad now she wants to buy a new one for the girl she borrowed it from. Well, you can imagine running around all the shops in Dublin trying to find a particular type of stole! However, I thought that some of the boards.ie ladies who lunch around the department stores might recognise the stole from the pictures- specifically where it might be bought?
    Don't buy a replacement. Find ouy how much it would cost. Explain what happened and have the €X ready / as gift voucher. The person might not necessarily want a direct or "near enough" replacement.

Advertisement