Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 website really starting to pi$$ me off! :o

• 24-08-2004 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with it lately and in chief logging in and trying to send a couple of flimsy text messages?

I'm starting to have my suspicions that they do it on purpose to increase their revenue. I loathe to use my phone to text when I'm at home especially now that I have broadband - it's costing me a fortune and no doubt netting those thieving goons the same... :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yeah, I'll have to agree that the website is just not reliable enough. It's handy for sending texts from home if you're on broadband though as giles said, but that's not really help if the bleedin site won't load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

sounds like meteors, whose email service won't leave you send emails :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

thought it was just me...yes it is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's the heavy usage. Vodafone had similar massive problems up til a couple of months ago. It's a case of beefing up the www server and probably the pipe too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Heavy usage? That's rubbish! It's not getting hammered late at night and very early in the morning, the site has been fscked since early yesterday evening and it's only just been 'fixed'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eth0_ wrote:
    Heavy usage? That's rubbish! It's not getting hammered late at night and very early in the morning, the site has been fscked since early yesterday evening and it's only just been 'fixed'.
    How do you know it's not getting hammered?
    If the bandwidth is low enough, then any significant load will kill it.

But if it's being 'fixed', then it's probably not the hammering, or not directly anyway. I don't use the O2 site, so I'm not familiar with how bad it gets and when...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yup i hate that site load of ****e really hard to navigate at times pages missing etc get your act together o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

It's just really unreliable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't been able to log into it all morning :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Stopped allowing me to log in from about 4 yesterday and all through the night and this morning. It still is a bitch to log in to right now too.

Its a really bad image for a telecommunications company to have a website that is a steaming turd and can't even handle the amount of connections to it.

I always thought the Meteor site was the best. It was the least cluttered and quickest to load and all that. O2 is hell for opening up new windows, thank christ I use Firefox or else my taskbar would be flooded with new windows to like teh o2 shop and all that tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I haven't been having any problems lately, but when it's bad, it's very bad. On a sidenote (I was going to make a new thread for this, but it seems like an o2 issue), I was texting my g/f last night and after a few messages I noticed her number was coming in as +35386xxxxxxx40000000, and apparantly my number was doing the same thing on her phone. Has anybody experienced this before, or have any idea what it's about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Working now but for how long?

Also is anyone else suspicious of the fact that when someone within the site itself doesn't work, it's always the "free" text messaging feature and rarely anything else? Of course to get to that stage onehas to actually be able to get logged into the fookin site so maybe it's not too obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Worked on this 4 years ago and underlying system is fine (grin)...I'll ring one of the guys and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I was actually gonna ring up and complain the other day. Also, has anyone else noticed that sometimes when sending a picture message the recepiant sometimes only get the text from the mms message and not the picture? I've had this done to me one too many times, and i'm being charged as if i had sent one... grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

I thought it was just my home computer cause it wouldn't even log me in anymore never mind to send a txt! Thats why I moved to vodafone and then last nite when I wanted to send a txt off that website the feckin thing was down. Think I'm a jinx :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

It's a bit flakey at times alright and I always seem to find problems with it when I need to use a specific feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I use this perl script to send SMS through the O2 website:

http://www.mackers.com/projects/o2sms/
    The script emulates a browser to send messages via your operator's website. By bypassing the usual kludgey, slow web interfaces, you can zip away messages to your mates as fast as you can type them.

Even when the site is next to impossible to use because of the time it takes to load, I can compose and send an SMS with this script in a few seconds.

Note: requires Perl and there is a version available for O2, Meteor & Vodafone.

Advertisement