Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about 5 card fitz on thuesday

Options
  • 24-08-2004 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Dammit! its thuesday i thought it was monday - now i have to wait till next thuesday to go play at the fitz.

plse tell me what to expect on my first time will i just get pissed on by loads of ppl who have been playing for years? or will i have a chance cause im new and they dont know my tells (if i have any)

I play poker a decent bit with friends and hopefully ill convince them to have a game of risk or deplomacy sometime but ye i play poker 5 card i know the rules for Texas but i havent played it thats why i want to go to fitz on thuesday night its 5 card and its cheep in

What should i expect there also is there a dress code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

You can wear anything you choose, turn up in a bin bag and nobody would look twice.

I have never played the 5 card tourney so can't I tell you much about that , other than I think it's a horrible excuse of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

20 euro in with 3 rebuys or 2 rebuys and a top-up
    start with 1000 chips. antes start at 25 (everyone antes). betting both before and after the draw is Half the Pot, then 3xraise.

Example - Pot is 200, you can bet 100, then raise to 300, then raise to 900 and so on.

populated by grannies, but Madsl has placed a couple of times, so there's mondy to be made apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

antes start at 25 (everyone antes).
    err..only the dealer antes...
    populated by grannies...

populated by grannies who will rip your heart out with their bare hands and show it to you still beating as they rake the pot.....

Well, something like that...actually it is a fairly friendly game, if you can stand the lack of excitement...
    oh look I have trips...raise...fold...fold....fold....

I actually quite like it as an nice alternative to the cut, thrust, and sheer terror of hold 'em...

...but it is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't know. If it was a freezeout and no limit betting structure I would be very tempted. You see, nobody has a clue what you have, they only know you don't have 8 cards max (what they could have had) so it could be very pshycological. YUM! Is it like that al all?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

they only know you don't have 8 cards max (what they could have had) so it could be very pshycological.

You mean a total crapshoot. I don't know anyone who plays NO-LIMIT draw poker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

MadsL wrote:
    .....I don't know anyone who plays NO-LIMIT draw poker!

Only in dodgy underground clubs do they play it.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

cormie wrote:
    I don't know. If it was a freezeout and no limit betting structure I would be very tempted.
    or should that be
    cormie wrote:
    "Insert name of poker game I don't know how to play.... but if it was a no limit freezeout I would kick ass at it"
    ... Yaaaaaawn!
    MrPudding wrote:
    Only in dodgy underground clubs do they play it.
    You just know cormie is that street! Wicked, yeah!

Zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

User45701 wrote:
    Dammit! its thuesday i thought it was monday - now i have to wait till next thuesday to go play at the fitz.

I presume this means Thursday, not Tuesday? :confused:

I play a bit online myself, and have been thinking about giving it a go. Last time I played in a tournament was in the Jackpot club a long, long time ago. It wasn't Holdem, just 5 card stud. I did manage to get 2nd prize for myself though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

5 card draw is Tuesday - despite the bad spelling of a previous poster

Hyzepher

Advertisement