Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i really want a tat

Options
  • 25-08-2004 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

but im kinda scared where do u think the most painless place woukd be to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

anywhere where theres loads of fat,like your ass or some place
    dont go for anywhere near bone(eg: back) as that'll be the sorest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Im in the same situation as u ramblinjam but i'm not worried about pain its getting a design that will mean something to me rather than some the just looks cool :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

huh! back! painful? shyte! i am getting a tattoo on fri, booked the app and everything. so it is painful on that place? damn! i do think i have a high tolerance for pain but...can anyone try to explain to me if they can , what the pain is like? dull? sharp? unbearable?

i aint had a tatoo done but ive a good few mates who have had them done.
    Pain varies from "a tickle" (on the breast) to "never ever again"(lower back)
    im not too pushed to get a tatoo,too permanent tbh
    prefer me piercings:)

uhh now i am getting fecking nervous!!! i mean there is no other place really that i want it done....god of all the places i have to be boney on my back! well its a small design so maybe i can hold out just long enough...

• Advertisement

ahh itll only be an hour or so of pain and a lifetime a tatoo'd pleasure :)

yeah i guess...i have designed it myself so at least it'll be original..i just hope that it is not so bad that ill cry or something silly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I found that getting the tat is not that sore it is the after that is sore, while you are being cut the endorphins should kick in and you can get quite a rush off of it , the day after it is like someone poured bioling water on the area and scalded you, then a few days later it itches like a mofo, if you are pierced it is in the same ballpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 danmcl

a tat on your back is really painful, i had it done just between my shoulder blades right on my spine.
    It feels like a burning sensation when the fill is being done but the outline is the worst it is hard to describe what it feels like (like the outline of a tattoo being done!) but it was definitely worth it. My tat is quite personal to me even though its not really intricate, but once you get inked you just want mroe, i want to get another but im not sure of the design yet.
    Though as mentioned previously from chatting to good friends and from previous posts over a lot of fat/muscle is usually the least painful although if it has a lot of nerve endings you will be in pain city anyway.
    The guys with the big tats on their biceps always think that they are really macho, try getting the same one on your back, they only thought it was sore.

danmcl wrote:
    The guys with the big tats on their biceps always think that they are really macho, try getting the same one on your back, they only thought it was sore.

Errr not necessarily, you sure you're not the one thinking you are "more macho" than you think they think they are, if you get my drift?

• Advertisement

where i am getting mine is the lower back just above my bum. my friend got one there a year ago and she said that she had to ask him to stop for a while because she couldnt stick the pain.sounds very promising :p .ah sure i am just working myself up now.just two more days to go....

where i am getting mine is the lower back just above my bum. my friend got one there a year ago and she said that she had to ask him to stop for a while because she couldnt stick the pain.sounds very promising :p .ah sure i am just working myself up now.just two more days to go....

Good luck munkeehaven, remember no alcohol beforehand as it will thin the blood and can bleed the ink out.
    Get some nivea moisturiser as well so you can slap it on as soon as you get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

when i was getting my one across my stomach under the bellybutton the tattooist said the back felt really nice, the stomach is suppose to be alot sorer, i didnt find it that sore apart from directly under the bellybutton that was sore

well, only a few hours now till i hop on the bus to limerick and get the tattoo done...have all these horrible images that i'll get a fecking allergic reaction or something :eek: ..the parents arent approving but arent stopping me either..here's the tatt..i designed it myself..i have always liked ants...and i have the egyptian "ankh" on the ants middle body (thorax?)

hi again!..i'm very happy to say i have the tattoo :D:D ...!..wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be. in fact, the pain was quite bearable.i went to spiral tattoo company in limerick , the guy there is really nice and made me feel totally relaxed, and he had a lovely spanish accent!......we were talking for like half an hour before he started about tatts and music etc.

the minute the needle touched my skin i was thinking jeez this aint too bad...read a magazine for the rest of the time and was finished in around half an hour, i came out of there smiling like i had just had sex or something and i still am! i love it, esp because it's my own personal design.can't wait to get another one, tis so addictive. :D now i am off to have a good night out and celebrate..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

good to hear, you've had a good experience munkee :)

this thread has kinda worried me about getting a tat on my lower back( a big ass tribal eagle) but i know im gonna get it there sooner or later.

might try a coupla piercings first before i move onto that tat

i didnt think my lower back hurt that much really, it was painful but in a bearable way. i had a magazine to read and almost forgot about the needle on my back for a few mins. :D

Advertisement