Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the allman brothers

Options
  • 25-08-2004 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

do y'all like em? i really enjoy their jamband sound. i cant wait to them see them on tour. is anyone else going to see them? i just got their new cd while working at universal and it is amazing. has all their best music from the past 35 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Are they coming to Ireland? I couldn't find any Irish (or European) dates on their website up to the end of the year, but if they were coming I'd definitely go, so give us a heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Yeh, the kings of Jam bands!
    Didn't know they were still going. I'll defo go see them if they're playing here.
    Check out their Live at Fillmore East album, a couple of amazing tracks on that one, especially the last two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ramblinjam

no actually i dont think there going to ireland anytime soon their tour is in u.s.a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tommylei

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

dont know much about them but jessica is deadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ramblinjam wrote: »
    i cant wait to them see them on tour.
    Considering that most of them died in the early 70's...are there any more seats on your time-machine available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Considering that most of them died in the early 70's...are there any more seats on your time-machine available?

I only really started listening to them fairly recently, so I'm no expert on them, but AFAIK two members died in the 70's (Duane Allman and the bass player ). Not sure if the rest of the original band are still there. Perhaps some dedicated fans could enlighten me ? :)

I think they are a great band, but I prefer their more bluesy albums with Duane on slide guitar. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

well Gregg Allman,Butch Trucks and Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johanson are all still playin in the band so its still worth going,3 of the original members there,but still Duane Allman was a great musician and all that jazz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Been into them for a long time, as for them coming to Europe is a long shot, only been this side of the pond once, maybe twice in their career! Think they make enough money doin the circuit in the States to bother, although Gregg played London a few years back so who knows?:rolleyes:

Advertisement