Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Nitelink

• 25-08-2004 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

ok back in the good ol' days people used to puke and smoke on the Nitelink,
    then people started smoking hash on the Nitelink,
    But a coupler of weeks ago a couple of lads were doin coke on the nightlink, yes folks cocaine! of the back of nokia! :rolleyes:

no real point to this story just thought i'd share it with ya's as a word of warning about the 15N (town to old bawn)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Particular routes, heading towards particular locations, that kind of thing can be seen and not just on the Nitelinks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Having just returned form town on the Nightlink tonight. I must say I have yet to witness "coke" being done on the nightlink. You must get the ****tist one ever.

I have seen the usual smokage and pukage on the nightlink. One of which I have taken part in. But coke on the nightlink is new to me. Also my nightlink took the oddist ****ing route tonight, seems to take a weird route during the midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

15N is usually a decent nightlink.

should of asked them for a line,the 15N nightlink folks are mighty generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Winters wrote:
    Also my nightlink took the oddist ****ing route tonight, seems to take a weird route during the midweek.

Would have to agree with that, I have found on more than one occasion that I end up getting off the nitelink from town midweek as it was returning back to town again.

I couldn't understand this as I hadn't fallen asleep and indeed wasn't that badly drunk as to have missed the stop.

I think thought that some of the nitelink services midweek have kinda intertwined with other services going in the same route, then on Fridays and Saturdays they lay on the extra nitelinks as town is generally busier at the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

my main problem with the nitelink is that I always end up falling asleep on it - tis horrible !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i got the nitelink 5 nights a week for the past year,unfortunately
    never had any trouble on it but i have seen evey type of drug(cept for heroin) taken on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I saw some D4 type jocks doing some coke on the 46N (Town to Dun Laoghaire) a while back.

"Goys, roysh, I'm like so totally out of it right now... hey goys, lets ring Fiachra and see what he's up to...roysh"
    The whole way home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    f*ckin d4 heads

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Ah nitelinks, good times,
    i remember i was taking a bus back to dcu with a friend from limerick, and he was shocked at all the prattery on it, there was people getting sick and smoking hash, and the ones that werent smoking or puking, were asleep.
    My mate was pretty suprised at what they could get away with on the bus.
    But we had a good laugh afterwards, we got off the bus and two other people got off with us, and as one was trying to cross the road. he fell over, and lay in the middle of the road for a good while laughing at himself. Drunks are such cheery people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

Its sad to say but there I have heard of people shooting up gear on the bus too. A mate of mine witnessed that, not me luckily! But I have to put up with the smell of hash on the way home from work every day, as well as the odd person trying to sell me a phone, but thats usually on the weekends....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

lafortezza wrote:
    I saw some D4 type jocks doing some coke on the 46N (Town to Dun Laoghaire) a while back.

"Goys, roysh, I'm like so totally out of it right now... hey goys, lets ring Fiachra and see what he's up to...roysh"
    The whole way home...
    When's the court case?

At least, I assume there'll be one after you decked him?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd be carefull, his daddy will be able to afford a decent lawyer.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

or he'll get his chauffeur to beat you up good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Ive seen the heroine injections many times, and not on the nitelink just the 45 and 84, it seems the north wicklow crewe appear to be mostly junkies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Tusky wrote:
    my main problem with the nitelink is that I always end up falling asleep on it - tis horrible !

Its simple to get over this,there is no traffic out when the "Drinklink" runs so your journey home will take around the same time every night...so if your journey home is 25min set the alarm on your phone to go off in 20min.Thants what I do...even if the bus goes fast that night you should not be to far from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Ive seen a good bit of goings on in my time, the usual tho, hash, coke, smoking, more beer, blow jobs, sex etc.

Its a real view on culture if you want to look at it that way

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Crumbs! The most I ever saw was an occasional vomit and piece of hash. Is my route a nice route or was I missing out on greater shenanigans by sitting downstairs? (31N it was - Clontarf via coast road, Raheny, Sutton, Howth).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I vaguely remember a thread in this vein a couple of years ago (I'm pretty sure it was on Boards) where someone had seen a woman take a dump in the upstairs aisle of a Dublin Bus.

As I'll be taking a 3.5 hour bus journey this evening I think I'll stop reading this thread for now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ixoy wrote:
    (31N it was - Clontarf via coast road, Raheny, Sutton, Howth).

I know ... the 31N seems to be the most well behaved Nightlink of them all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never seen anything more than drinking, smoking and hash tbh. That said, I've only taken it about 10/15 times. Tend to crash on mate's couches when I go out in town.

• Advertisement

The 29N is also not bad Howth road,Raheny,Baldoyle,Sutton.Maybe the north east of the city is becoming the new southside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I vaguely remember a thread in this vein a couple of years ago (I'm pretty sure it was on Boards) where someone had seen a woman take a dump in the upstairs aisle of a Dublin Bus.

As I'll be taking a 3.5 hour bus journey this evening I think I'll stop reading this thread for now. ;)

Aye that was me (seeing her, not taking the dump :) ) about ten years ago on the 48N to Ballinteer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

The only really real gripe I would have on a nitelink of I was sitting beside some people hoovering the ol' chaz would be if they didn't offer me a line!

As a certain Mr Dunphy once said on receipt of such an offer, of course I'd take it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dub13 wrote:
    Its simple to get over this,there is no traffic out when the "Drinklink" runs so your journey home will take around the same time every night...so if your journey home is 25min set the alarm on your phone to go off in 20min.Thants what I do...even if the bus goes fast that night you should not be to far from home.

thats fantastic :) thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I love the nightlink, I get the 77, and only sit downstairs at the back. The amount of friends I have made down there. Regardless of whether I'm sober or drunk, I always make a point of talking to the other drunks or sober people! Always have a great laugh.

I remember once, one of the very rare times when I sat upstairs, it wasnt a 77 now, and the worst thing I had to face was the whole upstairs of the bus singing "gaybar" or anything by the Darkness. Good times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Dub13 wrote:
    The 29N is also not bad Howth road,Raheny,Baldoyle,Sutton.Maybe the north east of the city is becoming the new southside
    A couple of my friends from sutton never say they're from the north side, they're from the "East Bay Area"
    I punch them whenever they say this, dirty northside knackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Jesjes wrote:
    Always have a great laugh.
    Would make an excellent logo for the nitelink.

Upstairs is definitely a riskier place, although last night was un-eventful, bus drver had to go up and wake up some drunkj lad who had missed his stop and was asleep.
    Also over heard drivers talking about their wage, and he said he drives bus's 4 days a week and night link 2 nights a week, and comes away with 56k a year.
    hmmm... not too shabby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I get the 29N(and sometimes the 31N) and they're usually quieter than the bus i get into town earlier. I think the most 'outrageous' thing I've experienced is someone smoking a joint, and that was only the one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The basic rule is to stay downstairs and you are safer. I rarely go upstairs and I can't say I have seen much on them. I've often smelt hash on a bus, but that is generally on daytime routes.

• Advertisement

Creature wrote:
    I get the 29N(and sometimes the 31N) and they're usually quieter than the bus i get into town earlier. I think the most 'outrageous' thing I've experienced is someone smoking a joint, and that was only the one time.

More proof that Dublin North East is the New southside.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Flukey wrote:
    The basic rule is to stay downstairs and you are safer.
    gonna upstairs man, live life on the edge :D

Advertisement