Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My MSN hasent wokred since new windows update ne1 have same probelm?

Options
  • 25-08-2004 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

i even created new account it still said username or password is incorrect
    did ne1 elce have this problem

oh and also u know that annoying ****ing thing in ur taskbar windows security alert? how the **** to u turn that off?

Damm that update it messed up everything and didnt do anything good that i noticed - why hasent someone just shot bill gates yet? there are enough insane ppl for 1 of them to try it but it hasent happened? weired

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Start -> Control Panel -> Security Center -> on the left hand side "Change How Security Center alerts me

Nope, my MSN works fine.

It changed the entire windows security set-up, microsoft doesnt protect users from virii, then they do and people still give out. If you used networking you'd see a significant change too. SP2 is good (although has one or two minor bugs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

User45701, make sure that you allow MSN Messenger to get through the Windows Firewall.

Jammer, what "bugs" are you experiencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The heap of applications it breaks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

It's the firewall that makes them appear borken. Installing any firewall will cause the same effect.

If you want to have the bug fixes that SP2 offers, with out the 'application breakages', disable the firewall then!

Honestly, the day of a casual user of a PC not being security aware are coming to an end. Users really need to be more on top of security, and understand what's going on at a basic level with the firewall & Internet security.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

My MSN isent wokring its asking me to c if i am connected to the internet this is bull**** i never had any trouble before that update my old firewall allowed it to work and i have messenger listed as a exemption inthe microsoft list but it still dosent work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement