Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up for IOL BB - didn't see any mention of 3 months free ?

• 25-08-2004 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Line just passed - so straight onto IOL site to order BB. Went through all the motions like I did before - but theres no mention of 3 months free etc ? all I got was

Thank you for applying for IOL Broadband PLUS, if there are any issues we will contact you on your given contact numbers in the next few days.

Your IOL Broadband PLUS order is being processed and you should be activated within 15 working days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well its still going @ http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_offer.htm . So you should ring them to see whats the story (dont ring sales... ring 1904)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Tis not for PLUS (16gig cap). If the offer was for 3 months free on the 16gig cap then we all would have signed up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i signed up for the free trial 2 months ago for iolbb (16gb cap). i haven't checked the bank a/c to see if money has been taken out though. it was a free trial wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Don't forget you won't get 3 months free now, it's only until October. If you sign up in September, for instance, you'll only get a few weeks free.

No thats when the offer ends afaik. You can sign up on the last day of September and still get 3 months free. I have to have everything returned by November 1st, AND I have a 16gb cap at the moment which I have been taking full advantage of.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, I think...

Well I received a letter from them saying that if we wish to cancel, we must inform them before November 1st!

Ah ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

eth0_, I think you're thinking of the €ircon "offer". Its the worst bb trail offer out there but again they are gambling on people too scared of changing service provider.

I was amazed that you had to commit to a 12 month contract for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Conor-Mr2 wrote:
    Tis not for PLUS (16gig cap). If the offer was for 3 months free on the 16gig cap then we all would have signed up!!

I signed up for the 3 months free trial on the 16GB cap... When I called to get it I just asked for the plus. No, no doubt at the end of the 3 months I won't be able to switch down, but I have no intensions of anyway. Just to note it is only an extra €6 a month, so no skin off esats nose giving it free instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Fair enough!! Should have read the small print and went for the 16gb one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

cheers folks - 20 days waiting for me. Its been great moving out, but terrible having to suffer slowband ! roll on BB for me

Advertisement