Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FAI Website and Logo

• 25-08-2004 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Today is the day for the release of the new FAI website and logo. Currently the old website is still online, Has anyone seen the new logo yet ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Today is the day for the release of the new FAI website and logo.

Which in plain English means we'll probably see the new logo in time for the World Cup Qualifiers for the African WC, knowing the FAI.

Apparently the new logo has a very small shamrock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

newfaisite.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

it looks the business alright! I liike the celtic font they are using and the more 3 Dimensional logo. It looks a lot more professional.

new site can be found at

http://www1.fai.ie/index.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Pains me to say it but.....

I like it

• Advertisement

They actually have highlights of the Bulgaria game on the site for those who didn't see it:

http://www.fai.ie/ram/fai040819v.ram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I like the site but not the Logo, it's not very IRISH
    LOGO

I don't think it is possible for people to be happy with an FAI logo no matter how good it looks. Count ourselves lucky it doesn't look anything like this:

http://www.laughinghyena.net/LogoServer/Soccer/DFBLogo.GIF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i like the site, not the logo. it looks terrible on the jersey. not one irish thing about it! what the hell has that ball tihng got in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Was there not supposed to be a small shamrock on it? I cant see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Old site is back up now????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

well I like the new logo and the new site , I feel the old logo seemed a bit outdated and like it was from the 80's , this one has a modern feel to it , and although some people said it hasnt got an Irish feel to it , I feel it has a modern Irish feel to it , where as the old one had a traditional Irish feel to it .

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It's cool, but it looks very like the Arsenal crest (the shape of it). Thats the only thing I don't like about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was there not supposed to be a small shamrock on it? I cant see it.

The whole thing is a shamrock, a kind of swirling shamrock.

I really like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

wheres this new website

new site can be found at

http://www1.fai.ie/index.asp

I saw the launch there on RTE news, I have to say the image is very "irishy" with all the didly didly irish music being played. Watching it, it seemed as though Fran Rooney is trying to break into the US market. Looks like FAI have the right man for the job;) he has done well !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

All I can say is that it looks very modern and a bit of money has been spent on getting something decent. Not a cheapskate effort. However, if only the guys who have brought about this change to the logo would do the same justice to the team and manager. Don't cheapskate when it means our lads don't have the best facilities available.

Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

its great except the fai bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're advertising the new kit there too. Sadly, unlike every single other European country's kit, you can't buy it without a hideous corporate logo accross the front.

talking about being a walking advert for Eircon !!

just imagine, Eircon park went ahead, there was the Eircon League, Eirom all over the supporters overseas... it might as well be Eircon playin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't like it, it is the kind of crest you would find on one of the fake shirts that always get churned out of Penneys' Carrolls, etc etc. I would liked to have a more prominent shamrock than in the previous logo, I would have preferred to keep it simple.

The "fans network" that Fran Rooney spoke about 6 months ago has still not seen any movement obviously. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The new jersey looks nice, better than the last one, i didnt buy the last one because of them minging white lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I quite like the new logo.
    The jersey is nicer than the previous one with the stripes.

*shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Amz wrote:
    I quite like the new logo.
    The jersey is nicer than the previous one with the stripes.

*shrug*

I tried to enter the Online store to see the new jersey. But you have to register fiirst, why I do not know. So I tried to register but stopped when I noticed the 'Postcode' is required, 99% of Ireland does not use post codes, and a landline number is required, is it Sky TV I am trying to get or a football jersey ?. I'd say the land line thing is Eircom's doing.
    The only 'feedback' link on the site if to the CEO himself, so I sent my observations on to him.
    You would think that people would think about these things before deploying the site, then again it is the FAI and Eircom we are dealing with.
    Like to Logo though.

they could have included a large downloadable jpeg of the new jersey. And I hope its possible to buy a jersey without Eircon on the front.

also regisistering is a pain in the neck, having to go back 3 times, for postcode etc missing. I put a mobile number down, why do they want your landline anyway?

logo as all really seems as though its designed by tourism Ireland, nothing wrong with it, I like it, but really seems aimed at the aimed at the american and UK markets!

They better get the rest of the site up and running soon and not just leave it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Seems a bit like a person buying the furniture before having a home to store it in. Surely all heads at the FAI should be pushing ahead with the stadium development rather than changing the wallpaper in their rented house. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's an absolute disgrace not being able to buy the shirt without the sponsor, in every other country you can, and for that reason I wouldn't buy any of the jersies or merchandise. The FAI are making efforts to build up fan databases, they want to get to know their fans, I think it's fair enough that you have to register, although maybe there are a few teething problems such as obligatory postcode (if you don't have one, just introduce a 2 digit Dublin one under 24) and landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I don't think its too bad. Nothing special, but alright. I hated the last one, so I'm happy enough that its gone.

I've always preferred the way the Italians just have the national flag in a crest though.

por wrote:
    So I tried to register but stopped when I noticed the 'Postcode' is required, 99% of Ireland does not use post codes
    All of Dublin, which is 25%. ;) It will be sorted, it should have been sorted before they put the site up though.

The new kit will be released on 1st October according to Umbro, could be earlier though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    The new kit will be released on 1st October according to Umbro, could be earlier though.

I was just about to ask that! Cheers. ;)

If you do register they send you back an e-mail saying they will notify you when the site is available. They also send your login id and password (in plain text) in the e-mail

eirebhoy wrote:
    All of Dublin, which is 25%. ;) It will be sorted, it should have been sorted before they put the site up though.

He said Ireland , and not the Republic of Ireland , so its even lower than 25%
    :p .

Remember some people up north do support the Rep of Ire team .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Big Ears wrote:
    He said Ireland , and not the Republic of Ireland , so its even lower than 25%
    :p .

Remember some people up north do support the Rep of Ire team .

Remember all the people up north have postcodes.
    :p

impr0v wrote:
    Remember all the people up north have postcodes.
    :p

aye yis have got me there :o . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I like the site and new jesery, but hate the logo .... looks like a potential 3rd place from a texaco art for schools competition (under 5years old section).

But the big question is of course will it finally be possible to buy the jersey without having to be a walking billboard for Eircon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont think so

I've just been to the FAI website looking for the list of fixtures for next years WC qualifiers.
    No sign of it anywhere.
    I know I can go elsewhere and get it but does it not make sense to have your senior teams fixture list on your new 'all singing all dancing website', or am I expecting too much from the FAI.
    I also notice that there is no obvious 'feeback' link either so that's why I am getting this off my chest here and not to the FAI....

Or are they just there and I can't see them ??.

eirebhoy wrote:

Ok so it was there all the time , but just cos I am in a fai bashing mood I reckon they could have made it easier to accees that hiding it under \profesional\ticket information

Advertisement