Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a new Toyota

• 25-08-2004 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

What a disappointment!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

can no on take a joke anymore? she is sueing them because of a joke? oh f*cking lame!

but funny for us haha stupid woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

hahahahahahaha thats class. toy yoda....hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Hmmmmm, interesting this is....
    New the thread is but older than the hills is the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I wouldn't find it funny either, think about it, you work your ass off to win a car and then you see how your boss cheats you out of it while everyone laughs at you. She won the case though and got her car
    BlitzKrieg wrote:
    can no on take a joke anymore? she is sueing them because of a joke? oh f*cking lame!

but funny for us haha stupid woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you telling me no one has ever pulled a stunt like that with you?

i'v had it done to me at work college school loads of places.

does anyone have a link to the full story? cause the extract gives me the impression it was a competition among the staff by the staff and that one person took it far too serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

yoda rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

No way wouldn't you just hate that!!??!! LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

ooooh new toy yoda!! I get it.

hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If she misheard, then it is not the managements fault! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thinks of a Buy&Sell ad;
    Toyoda for sale. 2 Years old. Will deliver. €5,200

:lol:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    does anyone have a link to the full story? cause the extract gives me the impression it was a competition among the staff by the staff and that one person took it far too serious.
    Here's the link;
    PANAMA CITY, Fla. -- The owner of the local Hooters restaurants says that he will fight a lawsuit brought by a former waitress who alleges that she was promised a new Toyota for winning a beer sales contest but only received a toy Yoda.

"There was never any agreement on the part of Hooters or any employee to give away a new car," spokesman Stuart Houston said. "Hooters never intended to purposely mislead Miss Berry or any other employee.''

Jodee Berry, 26, won a contest in early May to see who could sell the most beer in April at the Panama City Beach Hooters. The top-selling waitresses from each restaurant in the area were entered into a drawing and her name was picked.

She believed she'd won a new car. She was blindfolded and led to the restaurant parking lot, but when the blindfold was removed, she found she was the winner of a toy Yoda -- the little green guy from Star Wars.

Berry quit the restaurant a week later and filed a lawsuit nearly two weeks ago against Gulf Coast Wings, Inc., the corporate owner of the local Hooters, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation.

Houston said that he could not respond to specific questions about the suit.
    She worked in Hooters... tells you alot, doesn't it :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

FX Meister wrote:
    I wouldn't find it funny either, think about it, you work your ass off to win a car and then you see how your boss cheats you out of it while everyone laughs at you. She won the case though and got her car
    I can see her point I'd be pissed to if i was screwed by my employer like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

de5p0i1er wrote:
    I can see her point I'd be pissed to if i was screwed by my employer like that.

I thought being a big titted bird working in hooters and getting screwed by your employers was part of the job discription ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like she left her vibrator in the box..

Hyzepher

Advertisement