Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes a good grinds teacher?

Options
  • 25-08-2004 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Simple enough what makes a grinds teacher better then a normal teacher in school, what exercises do they do, how do they explain things etc etc

thanks paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

they don't presume you understand, and they check to see if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

They can explain concepts without feeling the need to burden you with 20 sheets per topic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If your lucky and you get a nice one, they'll treat you like a human being and not just another uniform, esp where maths and the like is concerned.

You won't get the "this is so simple, why don't you get it?" look.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been giving physics grinds for years now, and I try to get understanding across. I believe that if you can teach someone a fundamental concept somehow, they'll never forget it, even in an exam.

Infinite patience is also required because some concepts are hard for some people. And be willing to show lots of worked examples, because that's one way that's very easy for people to learn.

Advertisement