Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 3

Options
  • 25-08-2004 2:11pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hosting heat 3 apparently, which is fine by me!

Would prefer Saturday evening for the game so we can get plastered afterwards and have some HCGA. Thats Saturday 18th of Sept.

Anyone not able to make that?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Isn't saturday 18th the shootout to which we must bring our bullets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I can't anyway, unless I can get a swap into heat 1 I'm out for this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

poifect!

thanks for hosting DeV, see ya this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

sounds good Tom.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We could play our heat after the shootout! :)
    (I'm serious, would that work?)

Alternatively we could play Friday evening. Vote now!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'll vote to play it after the shootout.

I'll vote to play it after the shootout.

bit late i think. id rather play another night. would be more fun to go on the lash after the shootout ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Would the friday suit people better? Start at 7ish?

DeV.

Any of the 3 days suit me, even if everyone else wants to have it after the shootout....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Any of the days around then should suit me fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

friday at 7 sounds good. I'd rather not have it right after the shoot out personally.

Friday evening then? Start at 7:30 be done by 11 ?

Thats Friday 17th of Sept.

Any objections speak now (or like in the next or so :) ) !!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

DeVore wrote:
    Friday evening then? Start at 7:30 be done by 11 ?

Thats Friday 17th of Sept.

Any objections speak now (or like in the next or so :) ) !!

DeV.
    that suits me grand.

Sorted then, we'll play on Friday 17th at 7:30 (sharp! Late and I'll ante you away!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Hi Dev,

Can you PM me address/directions please?

Ed

PM sent, anyone else need my address/directions?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

yup me too tom, never been in yours. send details on please.

all set for 7.30 this evening!

do you need me to bring chips?

We have super dooper new clay chips in the bat-flat!

We have 60 of one colour and 120 of two others. (That should be enough... 4x500 , 8x100 and 8x25 each?)

Pm sent.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If somebody doesn't make it can I enter this heat? I missed Heat 1 due to my love of the musical stylings of Soulwax.

If not I offer my services as dealer if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So who qualified from this heat then?

Karlh
    Decker
    Krusty_Clown

Thanks again for hosting Dev/Amp.. It was once again, a cracking game.. Great chips too.. Commiserations to Edser for 'bubbling', when his fate was sealed by Decker's pocket Aces.

So how did the '25-in' go?

Well done Krusty, I will never try and bluff you ever again :)

Well I bombed out early when my trips Q was beaten by trips Q. Stupid kicker. DeV made it to final table but I'll let him tell you about that. Dunno who won it.

But I won a sit n go and, second in another and made a tenner on Blackjack which made me feel a little better

I went out 5th in the Heat. I wanted to play tight but never saw the hands or the flops to resist Krusty's raises that I'm pretty sure were targetted at me :).
    The one time I did get a hand of sorts I ran into Krusty with trips Jacks. At least I cleaned up at the cash game (stunning Amp with a call with just a pair of 6's all-in on the river! Very unlike me :) )

In the 25-in I got a dose of the stupids with AK and went out 7th (I think). Got my money back.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    I went out 5th in the Heat. I wanted to play tight but never saw the hands or the flops to resist Krusty's raises that I'm pretty sure were targetted at me :)

I'm an equal opportunity chip-stealer :D
    Amp wrote:
    Well done Krusty, I will never try and bluff you ever again
    A couple of times, I just figured you were on tilt, throwing in all your chips in order to try and force a fold, when it seemed you didn't hit on the flop. I was just lucky enough to have at least middle pair on each of these occasions..
    Lucky!

DeVore wrote:
    (stunning Amp with a call with just a pair of 6's all-in on the river! Very unlike me :) )

Very well played, I was banking on your maths brain telling you to fold.

Yeah sure Krusty. I'd believe you apart from the fact you've done it to me almost every month. :)

What was really weird about that call, Amp, was that one side of my brain (the impulsive evil-hand side) was screaming CALL HIM CALL HIM HE'S FNCKING AT IT... and the maths side was saying "you know, for once I agree with the other side , all evidence points towards a busted straight draw and the probability of success justifies a call".
    At that point the first half started to call the second half a "poof".

DeV.

Advertisement