Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Feedback

Options
  • 25-08-2004 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone please check out this site and suggest any improvements to layout and navigation or anything else we should consider changing?

http://www.harlechhouse.com

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

My main question would be along the lines of: "What is this site about" ? I assume its a gallery, but you would only guess that from the "Main Gallery" link. A "gallery" link to me would be a page of images, but not explicitly an actual art gallery.

You need to get more across on the home page that this is a gallery - Is the poem important to the gallery to have it on the homepage? Make it a smaller font perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

• Background image very big (in size), and a bit too prominant
    • No idea what the site is about
    • Lots of broken links
    • Inconsistencies in design (different layout between pages, some with nav, some without, etc.)
    • Some image thumbnails don't match up with the image they link to
    • Cool fireplace!

HTH
    .cg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Thanks for the replies, we'll work on making the purpose of the site alot clearer.

cgarvey, can you be more specific about what is inconsistent about the layout? I'll sort out the navigation links missing on certain pages problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

cgarvey, can you be more specific about what is inconsistent about the layout?

You've fixed most .. so just center the banner logo on all pages, and add the nav links.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

cgarvey wrote:
    You've fixed most .. so just center the banner logo on all pages, and add the nav links.

.cg

Got most of it sorted now. Cheers :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement