Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Bluetooth Adapter + Mobile

• 25-08-2004 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guyz! quick question out of curiosity:
    Im gonna buy a new mobile tomorrow (probably Motorola V625) with Bluetooth and no way for me to pay for ringtones etc. so Im gonna buy a USB Bluetooth adapter as well. Out of curiosity, how does the transfer works, is the phone appearing as a new drive or is there some kind of an interface that manages the transfers?

Im sure I'll find out sooner or later but Im just curious about it ...

PingoO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

it depends on the bluetooth software, i have a trust usb stick and i just right click a file and then click send to and bluetooth device, hey presto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

V625? Hadn't heard of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

pingoo wrote:
    Out of curiosity, how does the transfer works, is the phone appearing as a new drive or is there some kind of an interface that manages the transfers?

there is a V525 (Vodafone Live! handset) and a V600... not sure which one you mean...

you might want to take a look at the Motorola's accessories including their PC Phone Tools Software and Bluetooth USB Adapter ref info here

if it is the V525 you'd need to check that Vodafone don't do anything to the V525's capabilities to ensure you download content (e.g. ringtones) directly to the handset rather than transfer them directly from your PC...

BrianG

Advertisement