Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one here using Ripwave from Irish Braodband?

• 25-08-2004 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of going with Ripwave, I have no phone line nor intend to get one and Irish Broadband have informed me that I can Ripwave where I live (Dublin 8 area, close to the Digital hub). No wires, great.

I live in an apt complex and am not allowed to put an aeriel on the roof (for line of sight) but I've been told that I can still go for the basic Ripwave package - works out at 29.99/month - and still get 512 down and 128 up, just basically plug this aerial thingy into my PC.

Has anyone here gone for Ripwave? How are you finding it? What's your max download speeds etc? Any problems? Would you recommend it?
    Thanks,
    Ardent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

What part of D8 are you in?

I signed up for Ripwave a few weeks back and I was well within the coverage area of the digital hub. Depite trying from several locations in the D8/Inchicore area I had no luck with this at all and could never get a signal from it. I even tried from the second story of a friends house which has direct line of sight to the digital hub and still no luck.

I'm not saying don't try it but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work.

Theres a few threads on here about Ripwave. Just have a quick browse through the BB forum.

Advertisement