Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pioneer Stereo Problem

Options
  • 25-08-2004 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I returned from a three week holiday to find my stereo won't eject the CD I left in it when I left. Has this happened to anyone before? Does it take much to fix? I'm hoping not too much, I guess I'm thinking it melted or something in the heat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Could be a number of reasons. Does the user manual give any ideas. Possible faults: Eject button not making contact, power failure to the eject motor, eject motor failure or the eject mechanism itself is faulty. This is only a few of the possible problems. There could be a few more spurious faults. When you press the eject button, does it make an attempt to eject the cd. Does the cd in the unit play as normal. Are you able to remove the stereo from the dash? Disconnect the power and reconnect. If there is a reset button, try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

FX Meister wrote:
    I returned from a three week holiday to find my stereo won't eject the CD I left in it when I left. Has this happened to anyone before? Does it take much to fix? I'm hoping not too much, I guess I'm thinking it melted or something in the heat?

I've a pioneer thats reasonably new but since I got it the cd doesnt always eject properly but I do just give a li'l tap with my finger at the slot and it pops out!!

this isn't everytime though!!
    normally it works perfect!!

maybe this might help I dunno!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The button works when I press eject, it beeps, and then it sounds like the motor trying to eject, it won't play the cd in the stereo either. The power was disconnected yesterday but it's still the same. I think I'll have to drop it in to safesounds or something, the probably just send it away though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 VenusDiablo

this happened to my friend but it turned out that there was two cds in it. someone had forced a cd into the player on top of one that was already in there, so of course it jammed all together and neither of the cd's would come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

FX Meister wrote:
    The button works when I press eject, it beeps, and then it sounds like the motor trying to eject, it won't play the cd in the stereo either. The power was disconnected yesterday but it's still the same. I think I'll have to drop it in to safesounds or something, the probably just send it away though

Unless it is under warranty I would suggest you try to extract the disc yourself, if you are careful you can usually take the mechanism apart quite easily. If it is just the one disc at fault then it is worth it, if the mechanism has broken it will need repair/replacement anyway and you poking at it is not going to make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

if the mechanism has broken it will need repair/replacement anyway and you poking at it is not going to make any difference.

Eh, not the case.
    Instead of something small and simple being replaced or re-alligned, you could end up with a totally knackered mechanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think I'll take the casing off and try and ease the CD out, failing that I'll bring it to be repaired. Pity Ireland is a rip off for such things. When I bought the stereo it cost me €300 in Andorra, but here it was €600. Oh well, the privilege of living in Ireland I guess

Advertisement