Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ucd

• 25-08-2004 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Firstly , congrats on everyone who got there collage places... i did :D UcD computer Science. I was just wondering who else will be attending this fine collage :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

moved from pi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

DCU rocks lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Gordon wrote:
    moved from pi

You sure that having to go to UCD doesn't qaulify as a Personal Issue? Sounds pretty traumatic to me.

Seriously tho - good choice of course. I work in the CS department of another uni and I'm glad to see some people still giving it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Damn mozilla i wasnt sure what window i had open :O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

What were the points for that this year Hanginthere? The points for most IT/Computer/Electronic course are considerably down this year in UCD. Electronic/Electrical Engineering is only 330 now, compared to 460 or something a few years ago. So less people are doing it, which doesn't bode well for attacting companies to the country...

• Advertisement

The points this year stayed the same as last year which was 310, I was pleased that I got the course, and I have a fair idea of what im getting into :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Am a year out of UCD Computer Science (thank god). One piece of blatantly obvious advice. Get to the student bar (it's all poncy now, used to be great (the dank moe the dank!)) and meet people. The social scene in UCD can be amazing if you do it right, I met a great bunch of people within 2 or 3 weeks and we got very close.

Have fun (and work of course *cough cough*)! :)
    Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

UCD - a collage (sic) populated by people who can't spell.

In Trinity, the lecture theatres are named after the Irish Literary & scientific greats, to remind students of their country's prestigous academic heritage. In UCD, the lecture theatres are named by letters - to remind UCD students of their alphabet.

Oh man haven't you grown out of that whold TCD vs UCD thing? I thought that was only for the 1st years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

it is

• Advertisement

Trinners for winners...
    Ucd is for me :eek:
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

You know you must take another science subject with computer science in first year? Which subject are you gonna choose? I think your choices are chemistry, experimental physics, geology, mathematical physics and biology but I could be mistaken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Marq wrote:
    UCD - a collage (sic) populated by people who can's spell.

In Trinity, the lecture theatres are named after the Irish Literary & scientific greats, to remind students of their country's prestigous academic heritage. In UCD, the lecture theatres are named by letters - to remind UCD students of their alphabet.

Now thats some funny ****

Lisapeep : I will probably take Biology, A few years ago(quite a few) my uncle was studying elsewhere and failed his first year exams because he took Accountancy. I dont really see what those choices have to do with the course they dont have much relevance but im not really bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Marq wrote:
    people who can't spell.
    prestigous
    Could be a typo or a spelling error, ironic either way:p

This post was brought to you by the phrase "not big and not clever"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yo, 4th year here....hopefully you will learn more then I did in my first 3 years in UCD - it's frankly not to hard to pass the exams so don't worry to much about them. Enjoy playing Counter-Strike :cool:

counter-strike you say.... no DOD ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

counter-strike you say.... no DOD ... :(
    That aswell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

IT managers must hate the concept of admining a system of computer science students.

"I wonder what happens if I do this...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I also do this computer lark in ucd, Word of warning! watch out for ucd security services they are real pains!

Any sign of you peacefully enjoying life and they will proceed to impound your car, bicycle, drugs, student card and call the cops!, And if you do happen to get caught by the big fat fuck with man boobs say he assaulted you.
    Remember folks it's legal to run from services and private security as long as thety don't formally ask you to stay for gardai.
    Another golden rule is always lie, never say your real name or hand over your student card, remember they are not gardai.

And if you are every in trouble drop me or any other members of A21 a line, you will find us very helpful.

A21 is a close knit cell of friends bound by there extreme hate of UCD services, we are and underground guerrila movement. A21 stands for August 21st ,The day services caused great stress and much anguish.
    Only true members of A21 know what really happened on that faithful day, well.. i'd tell ya but its a long story.
    A21 - fighting for a free campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

After reading that, TCD is definetly on top again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Superman wrote:
    A21 is a close knit cell of friends bound by there extreme hate of UCD services, we are and underground guerrila movement.
    So you are loike the A-Team?
    Marq wrote:
    Isn't that DCU? Are are you using an anagram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Electronic/Electrical Engineering is only 330 now,
    Crap, I wanted that years ago but didn't make the old points, I would have gotten the new poinrts easy

Ill bring novelty sized foam hands to the first day in college, stick it to the man :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Aaah, the points are going down. An influx of even more people who can't handle the course.

Sorry, you were talking about UCD. Then I'm sure even a baboon could pass. You'll do well.

Victor wrote:
    So you are loike the A-Team?

yes!, i'm face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

tba wrote:
    IT managers must hate the concept of admining a system of computer science students.

No I'd say they hate, even more, the idea of admining a system thats clogged up with idiots playing Counter-strike when there's a queue of people waiting to use the computers to study on! Don't get me started on that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

:rolleyes:

There's enough pcs in the CS building for CS students, if you can't find a pc, either you're an arts or commerce student who shouldn't be there, or theres already arts and commerce students using the pcs.

It's great watching them run away when they do the student card check. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Victor wrote:
    So you are loike the A-Team?Isn't that DCU? Are are you using an anagram?

I see. I go to that most dyslexic of colleges DCU. My course was 330 points last year (the exact amount i got :p ). This year its gone up to 415. If I hadn't done my leavin last year i woulda been scehreeeeewed!

But seriously have fun in the most depressing of all places: UCD, land of the gray

• Advertisement

SteveD wrote:
    But seriously have fun in the most depressing of all places: UCD, land of the gray

It sounds so nice now when you say it like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Marq wrote:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

Lots of green spaces in UCD, apparently there's a nice spot by a stream, out behind the library, where a lot of illegal activity goes on. Tis lovely when the sun's out!

Lots of green spaces in UCD, apparently there's a nice spot by a stream, out behind the library, where a lot of illegal activity goes on. Tis lovely when the sun's out!

good ol' batcave and sunspot you are reffering to!
    Although a member of A21 had incident with services at the latter.

Advertisement