Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get pierced?

Options
  • 25-08-2004 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Lo there.

My girlfriend's recently been talking about getting the top of her ear pierced, so it made me wonder about getting something pierced myself. I'm 16 and my group of friends (about 30 people) are all unpierced (except girls), so it'd be a bit odd for me to do so. There's a few things I have to think about first.

Where to get done? I was thinking my lip, or eyebrow (duh, Jonathan Davis wannabe!) :rolleyes: I definitely don't want my ear pierced.
    How painful is it? Chances of infection? How long I have to keep it in once it's done? Any other information people can offer...

I dunno, this might just be a phase and in a few months I won't want a piercing, but any advice would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

eyebrow or lip isnt sore at all, youll be fine, u keep it for a long as you want or until it migrates[if it does], chances of infection are minimal if you take proper care of it.. dunno where to get it done coz i dont live in dublin,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Start off with getting your ear pierced, its a piece of piss, and then if you like it get the top done and then maybe an eyebrow or something.
    kinda graduatly build yourself up for different piercings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You might as well get it done. If it is a phase you can just take out the jewellery after so long. I would say get a few done in your ears, not the helixes because they hurt but get a few in your lobes, maybe a tragghus (sp?)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

try something different,like an ear scaffold,
    if your going to get a piercing the best thing to do is be original,dont follow the crowd,
    check www.bmezine.com for some photos and ideas

it would be better to start off with a simple piercing and build your way up, im onto crazy piercings now and its fun, great fun

• Advertisement

good point,
    maybe get your earlobe done,see if you like/dislike the pain and work on from there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If you don't want to get your ears done maybe try your nipple?

nipples a bit painful for first piercing is it not?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I still say my nipples are one of the msot irrating piercing,
    they're very senstave and need cleaning all the time still and have it done 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I had my nipple pierced about 3 years ago its a complete piece of pi55. I got it done in Metalmorphosis in Temple Bar I was in and out in 10 mins. And haven't had a problem with it at all.

• Advertisement

thats the way im with my nipple, have never cleaned either [apart from shower water] and iv never had a problem,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Nipple's sore, but only for a few seconds. After I got it done, I was like "That wasn't too bad. I thought it would be much worse"
    It stings for a day or two, then it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

GaRtH_V wrote:
    good point,
    maybe get your earlobe done,see if you like/dislike the pain and work on from there

like/dislike the pain? *what*

its gonna hurt for a bit, more where theres cartilidge, you *wont* like that bit, it'l be a bit sore for a while then you'll prob like how it looks, so forget the pain aspect and just get whatver you want pierced

Advertisement