Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pking in UO

Options
  • 19-08-1999 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    i've been mudding for years and thought I might give UO a go, but I always play player killers or thieves. I've heard about restrictions but how bad are they?
    Can you kill anyone? ppl bigger than you? any info would be appreciated before i spend 40quid and find i have to be a happybunny through gritted teeth.
    Quozl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well it all depends, on the standard shardss PKing is a no no. But on Seige Perilous its fairly common.
    As for thieves, well it just depends on how good a thief you are, although theres lots of limits on them, but there still fun(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Siege Perilous, hmm, there any servers of that type in europe? And hows the lag on a 56k modem?
    ta for the info btw
    Quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If your going PK'ing, ping matters. Think Venom is the local expert.

As for thieving, it's loads of fun (providing you trick people out of thier stuff instead of bank stealing).

Don't join the thieves guild, just keep stealing from people in town you will be able to steal from grays and other thieves without fear of getting whacked (unless they had the common sense to change it)

The whole thief thing depends on the server.
    On the normal server, the Thief's guild is a no-no.
    But on Siege its great, pretty much like it was before the changes, snoop,steal doesnt reveal. All skills now use stat's including mages which used there int, so the tank-mages arent as tough as on normal shard.
    Plus your only allowed one character on it, so no mules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

As an ex multi GM pking b@stard I can pass on the following tips....
    1)never pk alone.work with at least 2-3 ppl as once u attack someone,consider yourself getting a murder count(mc)and for the trouble at least make sure the victim(prey) does not escape.
    2)no attack can be 2 cheap or low.kill ppl getting wacked out of it by monster then the monster.the less helth the prey has the less hassel in killing them.
    3)a good pk char will take a lot of time to build(6 months at 4-6 hours per day).magic in a must and costs a fortune to get it up so make a money earning char to finance the pk.
    4)never,ever kill newbies,not cause it cheap and easy but because they have sod all worth taking.
    5)if u kill 5 ppl u turn red.it takes 40 game hours(playing uo for 40 hours to turn)to turn back to blue.if u go red 5 times u stay red.also,if ur red,u play for 40 hours and go blue again,then kill someone and get an mc,ur back to 40 hours red again.

The rules now suck if u want to pk,40 hours is way to much to stay red,but there is nothing like killing every blue u find in a dungeon while hunting with pk guild mates.
    The life of a pk is hard in UO,every one will hate you,it takes a lot of time to be a kick ass b@stard and getting back to ur home with the profits is tricky.But it is great fun when u have done everything else in the game.

• Advertisement

You'd love the Siege Shard then Venom, they have removed a lot of the MC rules. Especially for thieves smile.gif

Some points on SP shard.

1. People are WAY MORE friendly. I think this stems from the fact that stat gain is really hard and there is no recall, so more people are on the roads then normal. A PK'er would end up knee deep in trouble.

2. People are scared. I was training stealing and I accidently headed back into town, along the way I met loads of people who stopped then walked off. It was only when I got into town I noticed I was gray, when I said "oops" and legged it did I get people chasing me. smile.gif

3. Everything is waaay more expensive. Also stuff which would get you cash is useless now. None of the vendors buy anything. Arrows is a good example, they are worth more then gold smile.gif So much so, I gave some muppet 2 murder counts for picking up his arrows. He was hiding on a ledge and was screaming for me to stop. smile.gif

4. I like it a lot more then the other shards. There's none of this PK'ing attack/Recall that goes on in the other shards. Mind you the real PK'ers, are evil SOB's. smile.gif

5. Oh yea, the steal from Grays rule is still there, but now the gray can kick the living sh1t out of anyone who tries it.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 23-08-99).]

Yea seige is the business. How about teaming up as a tag team again ?

Yea sure, I'm still very newbish smile.gif

I started off I wanted to know why the vendor wouldn't take my junk, I went over to ask someone and they went "**** watch your pockets" smile.gif Turns out they were from Europa too.

just name the place. Remember 95% of the people are long term experts.

Oh yea, begging works if you do it well enough. smile.gif Made 200gp and tons of armor and other junk. Mind you a lot of people kept saying "This is an expert server, earn it". Big pain that I can't kill anything carrying money. Also all the chests are locked!!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 23-08-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tasmin

Cool Im up for a bit of this lets start the Beholders again and steal rob and loot *Evil Grin*

Advertisement