Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United -v- Bucharest

• 25-08-2004 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

United have a depleted team out, I have to say. We could see an upset here. But there is unrest in the Bucharest camp apparently.

Watching on UTV here, and the commentator is mentioning Wayne Rooney a lot, my dad just asked me have United signed Rooney, I said no, so he asked me "Why does he keep saying 'Wayne Rooney' ". David Moyes is there, so maybe?

Anyway, I'll go for the score draw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

seansouth wrote:
    Watching on UTV here, and the commentator is mentioning Wayne Rooney a lot, my dad just asked me have United signed Rooney, I said no, so he asked me "Why does he keep saying 'Wayne Rooney' ". David Moyes is there, so maybe?
    You must have missed the start of the program. United put a bid in for Rooney. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I can not belive that the game was not even started and the ITV blokes were talking about "99"...come on its getting as bad as "66"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

eirebhoy wrote:
    You must have missed the start of the program. United put a bid in for Rooney. :D

Oh? lol....thanks for thet then. How much the bid?
    Dub13 wrote:
    "99"...come on its getting as bad as "66"

You're right, it's a joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

20 million according to BBC

3-0 Smith with 2, and Bellion with the third.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

zzz.z.z.z.z.z

boooooooooooooooooring

some of the goals were questionable it has to be said. UTD have work to do!!

questionable

What? If you meanthe Smith's first one, then he was defintely not offside, the defender played the ball to him. That is not offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Don't see anything questionable about the goals - either back up your statement or don't make it.

Rather than have "work to do" i think last night was an encouraging sign for the future. United were without. Brown,Ferdinand,Heinze,Keane,Scholes,Giggs,Saha,Van Nist, Solksjaer,Fortune,Miller and were still compfortable.

Thats a full team. Spector looked very good at LB and O'Shea at CB. Eagles played ok and Kleberson played some nice passes. Djemba X 2 is really benefitting from a run in the side and is looking better in ever game.

Also, Bellion took his goal very well, and with a bit more composure he could have bagged a brace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone else thinking Bellion is doing a good job?
    After getting his chance he seems to be doing a good job, maybe if he got a good loan run he might develop a lot.
    He's got a lot of compo with Van Nist Saha and Smith

• Advertisement
Advertisement