Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline mentioned in Evening Herald 25/08

Options
  • 25-08-2004 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

IrelandOffline has been mentioned in tonights Evening Herald on a piece about getting broadband. Anyone care to type out the article for us or scan it in and upload it here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Irish Examiner - Friday 27th August 2004 (Page 16)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Was that the whole article?

Hardly a piece about getting broadband in Ireland is it? :(

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

jwt wrote:

Hardly a piece about getting broadband in Ireland is it? :(

That was the Examiner piece, and it was just a redo of our Press Release.

The Herald is 2 pages apparently. Wish someone would scan it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Ah......right :)

That'd be where it says
    Irish Examiner - Friday 27th August 2004 (Page 16)
    at the top of his post.... :o

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

have to save all of ur asses :) here it is page 1 and page 2 enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Excellent, excellent, excellent.

I see the Broadband.gov.ie website was mentioned, I was told that they hope to have it working properly hopefully by Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

damien.m wrote:
    Excellent, excellent, excellent.

I see the Broadband.gov.ie website was mentioned, I was told that they hope to have it working properly hopefully by Monday.
    Of course, there's the obligatory sidebar by a Mac user about how dangerous it is to hook a Windows PC up the Internet, and how those nasty hackers will own your arse in 20 minutes.

It would have been far more useful to their readers if they hired a technology editor who actually knows something about the technology involved, and had him write an article explaining how the NAT routers provided by eircom and IOL provide far better protection from hackers than Norton Internet Security does.

(This might also have helped to encourage UTV, and other broadband providers, such as IBB, to stop delivering potential zombies by connecting "raw" computers directly to the internet).

Advertisement