Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easiest place to take full test?

Options
  • 25-08-2004 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just about to apply for full test. What is the best place in Leinster to take it? I hear Wicklow is difficult. May go for Churchtown or Finglas. I hear Churchtown is good.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

only a **** driver would ask this question

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for your great help. Why did you bother to write that? Go find something better to do with your spare time. Perhaps some charity work. It will make you feel allot better and you wont be so bitter.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No offence Cormie but if you can drive with enough care and attention to pass a test then you shuld pass anywhere.
    With your question you have placed yourself in the borderline area - do you not think much of your drivng skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Sorry newband, dont quite follow ur theory..

Dont believe all u hear about wicklow, its not that bad! i passed there 1st time. Once u get a few lessons and a pre-test u should be fine where ever u do it!

Well I have just heard stories like "first three times failed in Wicklow 4th time passed in churchtown"

I've heard from many places Wicklow is more difficult then the rest.

It's a long wait. Wanna get the best possible outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If you go to http://www.drivingtest.ie there is a list of pass rates and test times.
    Wicklow has quite a low pass rate. I took my test there and passed, apart from a few badly marked roads I wouldn't say it is any worse than any other place. Possibly the 60mph section catches a lot of learners who are never taught to drive properly outside city streets, the bloke who I got a pre-test lesson from told me that unnecessarily slow driving on that section would be a major fault and a fail. TBH if all test routes had that there would be far less brutal biddies who are unable to safely control vehicles above 30mph with full licences clogging up all our national primary routes.
    I agree that if you are worried about the easiest test to do then you should look carefully at your driving (a previous thread also brings up that question) but considering the waiting times you have plenty of opportunity to improve before your test if you are only applying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cormie wrote:
    Well I have just heard stories like "first three times failed in Wicklow 4th time passed in churchtown"

I've heard from many places Wicklow is more difficult then the rest.

It's a long wait. Wanna get the best possible outcome.
    Wicklow is more difficult if you're not used to it. It has much narrower streets and blind junctions. But then that goes for all of them - if you don't know the area, you'll probably get caught out. Personally I'd say Tallaght, but that's because I'm familiar with the route - I know where the tricky points are.

Sounds counter-intuitive, i.e. you should be able to drive correctly anywhere, but in reality, when you have someone in the car beside you scrutinising your every move, it helps to be familiar with the roads, so you can concentrate on driving "correctly".

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

You've said previously:
    cormie wrote:
    I'm not over confident but I'm confident in my driving.

If you're confident in your driving then this question about the "best place" to do the test is irrelvant. Just do the test in somewhere you're familiar with. The test is the test no matter where you do it. You may as well do it in a place you know like the back of your hand and get lessons around that place to get the hang of the possible routes etc. I got four lessons and passed. I would not have passed without those lessons no matter how great a driver i thought i was. The instructor showed me the little things on the route they watch out for. Regard the person that did it 3 times somewhere else and then the 4th time in a new place and passed? Well it was their 4th time doing the test so plenty of practise to finally pass. It doesn't mean if they went to the latter place the first time they would have passed.

Advertisement