Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Home - add hardware problem

Options
  • 25-08-2004 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

My problem is when I try to install a new device from the Add Hardware, a message appears saying CANNOT RUN TWO DEVICE INSTALLATIONS, 'that it can only install one device at a time and another device installation is under way and to try this wizard again'. There is no other device being installed. How can I find out what is installing and terminate it since I am unable to install any new hardware? I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Have you checked in Task Manager to see if there is an instance of RunDll32.exe running?

If it is, try killing it and plug your new hardware in and see if that helps.

Advertisement