Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Draw Ireland

• 25-08-2004 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

My grandfather just received a letter today. I think its a scam but i'll post here anywayz to see if anyone have heard of these guys.

The letter basically reads:

Dear Dan,

As a valued customer you have been selected to receive one of our awards. You have been chosen to receive a Gold or Silver award, see below.

Then below in the Gold box it has list of names

Denise Dalton, S.C Road, Dublin 8.
    Mr Dan O' Connor, Co. Kerry.
    Deirdre Behan, Drogheda, Co. Louth
    Tony Lowe, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
    Catherine English, Malahide, Co. Dublin

but of course you must phone a number and enter this URN number that is written on the letter. Lines cost 2.40/min, max durations 6 minutes.

IN the back it shows photographs of previous winners holding up cheques.

They have a PO box, which doesn't look promissing.
    Super Draw Ireland, PO Box 9095, Dublin 4.

Just wondering has anyone heard of these guys....i believe its a scam but said id post it here to see anyways

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's a scam-ish. Strictly speaking they're legal, but they shouldn't be. Write a letter to them saying that you want all of your (father's) details removed from their databases, and the databases of any subsidiaries or parent companies that they have distributed your details to. Tell them they do not have permission to redistribute your details in any way, shape or form.

Request that they confirm removal within 40 days in writing, as provided for by the Data Protection Act 1988, and the Data Protection Amendment Bill 2002, and inform them that if you don't receive said confirmation within those 40 days, you will file a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner about their failure to do so. And do, because they'll be breaking the law.

You might want to ask them where they got the data too, so you can get yourself removed from that list, but I'm not sure if they're required to give you that information. (Anyone?)

And finally, you might want to tell them to go fúck themselves, but that's a personal thing, and might possibly affect your request.

You can read more about Data Protection here.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Cheers, impressive i'll follow up on that tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

I got this aswell and was trying to figure out where the scam was so I looked at the wonderous list of prizes
    €50000 Cash
    BMW Z4
    32" Sony Plasma TV
    A DVD
    €5000 Cash

A frickin DVD. No thanks I dont want to spend 15 on the phone to find out Ive won a copy of the Best of the Late Late Show....

BTW the only name thats different in your list is guess what, the 2nd one, those other 5 people will be the winners that are on the back of the next 'Super Offer' you receive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

My mam got one aswell her name is the only one different aswell. Are the other four possibly the people running the scam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Sure half of Ireland has won the Spanish Lottery by a ticket randonmly chosen with your name on it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement