Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For Sale, Honda Integra Type R - New Model

Options
  • 26-08-2004 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

The time has come to sell my baby, I know there is a very limited market for a car like this but there are not very many in the country, so if you know anyone looking for a sports car give them my details. Thanks.

Here are the details

Honda Integra Type R
    Championship White
    21,000 Miles
    2000cc - same engine as S2000 (K20A) - 10kg lighter than B18C type-R engine
    220BHP
    0-60 - 6 sec
    1/4 Mile - 14.1 sec

Brembo 4 pot brakes
    300m brake disks
    Helical Limited Slip Differential
    Brake Cooling Ducts
    17" lightweight white wheels
    HID Headlights
    Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission (multiple synchronizing cones for all gears)
    Ultra-lightweight forged chrome-molybdenum steel flywheel
    Variable path exhaust
    Aluminium pedals and gear knob
    6 CD front loader and MD
    ABS
    Twin Airbag
    Air Conditioning
    All Electrics

Clifford alarm with anti-hijack and remote engine start
    Push button start
    Lowered 25mm with Spoon springs (still have originals also)

For full details of all the nitty gritty see this webpage
    http://www.itr-dc5.co.uk/tech/default.aspx

And here are some photos:
    http://www.type-r.org/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album38&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I am looking for €28000 or very near offer,
    trade in of fast, japanese car considered up to €8000.

Contact caroline@vodafone.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Wow, that is a really nice motor. if only i had the dosh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

omfg sex on white wheels
    /me checks his pockets
    ill give you 2 euro and 25 cent...no wait 27 cent for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

If thats the integra that I have seen parked up outside the IT building , then I must say that it seems to be kept immaculate, a very nice motor indeed, and im selling the damn things! (well , not for a few days , but old Gill never looses his touch!)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Some car! If only i could afford it...and the insurance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Nice car! would have considered it only im picking up my Leon TDi FR on saturday :D

does 14.536 1/4 mile as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

Its breaking my heart to sell it.

Luckily the insurance isn't that bad for me €1400 fully comp, 23 with 4 years NCB but I dont have "meat and 2 veg" which means I get off easy!!

It is the one from outside the IT building in Galway.

Wont be there anymore though cos I have finished my IT degree at last - thank God!! Working world here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Kaskade wrote:

Luckily the insurance isn't that bad for me €1400 fully comp, 23 with 4 years NCB but I dont have "meat and 2 veg" which means I get off easy!!

Thats not too bad. I'm 24 with 4 years NCB and female also. Thought it would have been way more.

Best of luck selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

That's an amazing machine, Kaskade. I was just looking at the "Optimum Gear Shiftpoint Curve" - beautiful - it would bring a tear to the eye :)

Best of luck selling.

DC.

a chick....with a car like that........marry me?;)

a chick....with a car like that........marry me?;)

sorry you're too late!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

why white ffs - cars should never EVER be white or red, cos they be just gay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I don't think you mentioned - whats the reason for selling? Gonna see if i can get a quote on it now...bracing myself to be laughed at really hard by insurance person on the other end of the phone...

newband wrote:
    why white ffs - cars should never EVER be white or red, cos they be just gay!!!

I used to hate white cars before I got this one. I thought they just looked like cop cars, and to this day when I see a white car parked on the side of the road I slow down.

I wanted the blue one but when I started looking at pics I realised that the blue one just looked like a family car and the white looks like a pure sports car. You have to see it in the flesh, it is bloody beautiful. Plus white is the real Type R colour. All the others just remind me of replicas.

Check out this photo though of all the colours
    http://www.type-r.org/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album38&id=colours&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

DukeDredd wrote:
    I don't think you mentioned - whats the reason for selling?

I'm selling it cos I bought a house and its a bit stupid having €28k invested in a car when I have a mortgage to pay off.

I'll tell you one thing for defo though. Once I get back on financial track (in hopefully the next 2 years) I will be bringing in another one. It is an absolute dream car and without a doubt I will own one again.

You could be lucky with the insurance. If the insurance company tell you they wont quote you because you are not 25 with a full licence..... blah blah just keep at them.

By law you have to get a quote if you are refused 3 or 5 times (not sure which) and its the first company you try that has to quote you, our your current insurer if you have a policy already and they have to give you a fair quote. I'm with quinn direct and the dropped my price from €2200 to €1400 fully comp from last year to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I think it looks best in white. The other colours are too common. The thing about white is, when it's dirty, it's dirty...but when it's clean, it's looks fantastic! :)

DC.

dcGT wrote:
    I think it looks best in white. The other colours are too common. The thing about white is, when it's dirty, it's dirty...but when it's clean, it's looks fantastic! :)

It actually doesn't look that bad with a little bit of dust, the only thing that looks cat is the front wheels if the brake dust isn't cleaned off them. But it does look savage when its polished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Give it to me, your obviously rich. Ill straight swap my ZR 160 :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote:
    Give it to me, your obviously rich. Ill straight swap my ZR 160 :p
    ZR 160? What are you feeding it? Last time I saw it, it was a Rover 214...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have always loved this car, along with the Accord Type R of course.... I would never have imagined that they are €28,000 after 3 or so years.. Ah well, one can only dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

dcGT wrote:

DC.

Agree with you there mate, plus there's the whole Honda heritage craic with the championship white!

Oh and whoever said red cars are gay is gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kaskade wrote:
    sorry you're too late!!
    Aww:(

I would never have imagined that they are €28,000 after 3 or so years

when you work it out there ar 99s for sale out there for anywhere up to €21000:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=147990

consider that it is 2 years newer and a totally different car, different engine, different spec, faster, and way nicer.

Just to put it in perspective a new VW Lupo GTI with all 5 extras that are available is just a couple of quid short of €30k

A new focus ST170 costs over €40k by the time you have added in CD, metalic paint and high intensity headlights (all of which are standard on ITR)

Neither of these are in the same league as the ITR, maybe if I bring you for a drive in it you will understand why, make sure you bring a change of pants with you though!!

The car is rare, fast, RELIABLE, gorgeous, well kitted out and handles like a dream, and still gives 30mpg on average - a bargain for €28k!!

Hmm I paid 29,000 for a new SEAT leon Cupra PD150. Top speed 135 mph, 150 bhp, 320nm torque, 0 - 60 8.5 sec. (does 75 in second gear) 55 - 60 mpg.

Its a great car for the price, I think 28,000 for an integra is a rip off!!

Hmm I paid 29,000 for a new SEAT leon Cupra PD150. Top speed 135 mph, 150 bhp, 320nm torque, 0 - 60 8.5 sec. (does 75 in second gear) 55 - 60 mpg.

Its a great car for the price, I think 28,000 for an integra is a rip off!!

You think a leon cupra is a better car than the ITR???

with 220BHP and 147MPH top spead. I presume you are joking :eek:

Bring your change of underwear and I'll show you which is the better car and you will wish you spent your money on a proper car.

yes its a much better everyday type of car. More comfortable, better fuel consumption. In real terms its far superior.

yes its a much better everyday type of car. More comfortable, better fuel consumption. In real terms its far superior.

you just won my argument for me there - its an everyday car and not a sports car. Thank you.

plus you have most likely never even seen the new model ITR, let alone sat in it, felt how comfortable it is , felt how it drives etc etc, so how would you know. On the other hand I have been in an Ibiza cupra which really isn't much different than a leon.

the ibiza cupra and the leon are two completely different cars. You cannot compare them. Anyway you compared your car to a feckin VW lupo GTi :eek: ?? If your comparing "sports cars" fair enough I think for a track day the integra probably is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just wanted to say kasade that is a hell of a car fair play, can i ask how a humble student can afford such a machine? im finished college about a yr myself and im thinking of buying a car, unfortunately high ins premiums mean anything over 1.6ltr is a no go for me atm, plus my 12g budget woulnt buy half that puppy! Still muchos respect

at the risk of sounding sexist how does a young girl get so into cars that she has a race bred machine like that? :eek: :cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks Cyrus

I am very careful with my money, and I worked while I was in college. Myself and my Fiance bought a house made money when we sold it. I had a tough year last year because I lost someone in my family and it made me realise that life is too short to have regrets. I wanted an ITR so I bought one. Now I want another house, I have it but I need to sell the car to be realistic about paying off a chunk of the mortgage.

I have just always loved cars, my first car was a 1.5 dual carb imported civic. I had it totally done up with wheels, kit, tint, red buckets, dvd player etc etc. Had it for 3 years before I got this. I am into all that boyish kind of stuff, cars, mobile technology and computers:

I have the nice car, work a phone shop and have just finished an IT degree and starting my IT job in 2.5 weeks.!!

Advertisement