Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For Sale, Honda Integra Type R - New Model

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ye are sensible people, myself and the girlf need to get our acts together and get on the property ladder only way to make cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

the ibiza cupra and the leon are two completely different cars. You cannot compare them. Anyway you compared your car to a feckin VW lupo GTi :eek: ?? If your comparing "sports cars" fair enough I think for a track day the integra probably is better.

I didn't compare it to my car, I gave an indication of what else you could buy for that kind of money, the whole idea was to show that there is not comparison between the two cars and yet you could pay that much for a shoebox, whereas you could have a pure sports car with very low mileage for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

No offence to anyone here but if you think you can somehow compare a souped-up family hatchback that doesn't even use the correct fuel to an ITR, you are deluding yourself.

No offence to anyone here but if you think you can somehow compare a souped-up family hatchback that doesn't even use the correct fuel to an ITR, you are deluding yourself.

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

What a machine that is a real beaut who ever buys that will not be sorry its a true sportscar. Seat leon hahaha .In the states they are sold as the Acura RSX ,hondas upmaket branding in the states says it all.Im picking up a 97 ITR in the morning and this car would leave it 4 dead lol.Best of luck selling her.

• Advertisement

thanks for that, the RSX is the same shape but its not the same spec at all. am always looking on the clubRSX forum but unless you can read 100pages per second its hard to keep up cos there are so many members.

The overall atitude is that they all want the ITR because the RSX doesn't have the same engine, only 200BHP, has leather seats instead of Recaros, doesn't have lightweight wheels, doesn't have sports suspension and doesn't have the LSD etc. I didn't realise there was that much of a difference when I bought mine first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

No offence taken, so long as you don't mind being left in a cloud of soot from me...

Integra

Max Power (PS) 190
    Max torque (Nm) 178
    Maximium speed 145
    Acceleration 0-62mph (secs) 6.7

Leon TDi 150

Maximum power (PS) 150
    Maximum torque (Nm) 320 (more than a Boxter S)
    Maximum speed (mph) 134
    Acceleration 0-62 mph (secs) 8.9

And the race is over 400 miles, there's gonna be a whoopin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

you cant compare these two cars ffs.......

the itr is an animal, sure you wont get 500miles on a tank with her, but you will get a hell of a ride.

its a out and out sports car. the leon is not, however the leon cupra r. hmmmmm

caroline, i still cant believe a girl has a car like this. so respect indeed!

i sat into a itr in melbourne, it was love at first sight. it was a metallic blue baby, i wanted to drive it out of the show room and red line it to the outback.

having said that, you will find it almost impossible to sell this! apart from the expense, there is the little matter of insurance.

i had a modest, but very nippy, honda civic coupe SR , it had 130hp and was very fast, considering it was just a sohc. i was ages selling it, until around last christmas everyone was ringing and i got about 7k for her. it was a 97 model. it was very rare and was in pristine condition, the bloke who bought it was in the car five minutes when he said, are you ok for the weekend so (to take it away)

now, i understand the way you need cash, have you tried the showrooms in england to sell this? there is alot of itr's in england, new ones. look up autotrader, and get onto a dealer, your car looks mint. im sure you would get about 9 or 10k in cash and another car maybe to the value of 5k i dont know

but i would chance it, as the market in ireland for this car is miniscule

regards

ezza

No offence taken, so long as you don't mind being left in a cloud of soot from me...

Integra

Max Power (PS) 190
    Max torque (Nm) 178
    Maximium speed 145
    Acceleration 0-62mph (secs) 6.7

Leon TDi 150

Maximum power (PS) 150
    Maximum torque (Nm) 320 (more than a Boxter S)
    Maximum speed (mph) 134
    Acceleration 0-62 mph (secs) 8.9

And the race is over 400 miles, there's gonna be a whoopin.

haha...like I said...deluded

btw your integra stats are wrong

The Leon TDi doesn't have a lightweight windscreen or any red upholstery AT ALL, therefore it must be better.

And it has back doors.

And it doesn't come in a kind of off-white that always looks a bit grubby.

Or you could just wait until all of the ITRs have been Chav'd up to the nines like they have round here and drive around with the general sense of smugness and wellbeing that comes from not having neons and a exhaust louder than Concorde.

Who am I kidding, I'd buy an ITR tomorrow if I could justify it.

• Advertisement

having said that, you will find it almost impossible to sell this! apart from the expense, there is the little matter of insurance.

i had a modest, but very nippy, honda civic coupe SR , it had 130hp and was very fast, considering it was just a sohc. i was ages selling it, until around last christmas everyone was ringing and i got about 7k for her. it was a 97 model. it was very rare and was in pristine condition, the bloke who bought it was in the car five minutes when he said, are you ok for the weekend so (to take it away)

now, i understand the way you need cash, have you tried the showrooms in england to sell this? there is alot of itr's in england, new ones. look up autotrader, and get onto a dealer, your car looks mint. im sure you would get about 9 or 10k in cash and another car maybe to the value of 5k i dont know

but i would chance it, as the market in ireland for this car is miniscule

I think it is a little bit different, because your car was fast but at the end of the day it was just a civic (not slagging off civics, I had an great love affair with my one for 3 years). I just think that people dont have the same drive to really want a fast civic as they do a rare ITR. Most honda drivers would wet their pants at the chanct to sit in let alone own an ITR and people are getting to the stage where there are sick of having a done up medium sized engine and they want a fast car.

No good selling the car in the UK because there is the whole VRT issue. Costs almost €8k extra to buy this car in ireland and if I sold it to someone in the UK I would never get that money back. Its staying here I'm afraid
    btw your integra stats are wrong

what is wrong with them? - apart from the S2000 thing, someone told me that on another site - the fella who imported the car told me that :o
    The Leon TDi doesn't have a lightweight windscreen or any red upholstery AT ALL, therefore it must be better.

And it has back doors.

And it doesn't come in a kind of off-white that always looks a bit grubby.

Or you could just wait until all of the ITRs have been Chav'd up to the nines like they have round here and drive around with the general sense of smugness and wellbeing that comes from not having neons and a exhaust louder than Concorde.

Lightweight is good, red seats are sporty, white is also sporty and is not the same as the old model ITR so it never looks grubby.

Anyone who would modify this car should be shot. I have seen little or no old ITRs modified, apart from lexus lights cos the back lights are rotton anyway and maybe an exhaust, but exhausts do go after time so I dont think that is a sin. Apart from that I think most people keep them standard to keep the genuine features.

Kaskade wrote:
    what is wrong with them? - apart from the S2000 thing, someone told me that on another site - the fella who imported the car told me that :o

no no not yours, just Leon man's rather conservative figures :)

Thanks for the new nikname :cool:

no no not yours, just Leon man's rather conservative figures :)

Oh, just noticed that now, didn't even bother reading it cos I knew it was so pathetic to compare them.

You have the old 1.8 type R stats, and even at that the 0-60 id 6.8 not 6.7

Go and find the DC5 ones now, oh wait I posted them already in the first post!!

ouch !! so bleedin sensitive... sake

just cuz you drive a VAG car :rolleyes:

j/k nah the Leon's a damn good car, I'd choose it over a Golf any day...if that's what I was after

me 2 :) anyway good luck with the sale and sorry but this was never meant to be a leon v ITR... FFS gave me some laughs though... ;)

Dont worry, I enjoy the VAG V Jap arguments.

Anyway doesn't matter now cos the car is sold, going to a girl in wexford at the end of the month so at least i will have another couple of weeks of enjoyment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

There was a 2001 ITR for sale on Motornet earlier this year, fetched €19,000 in the end - go figure, and it had a MASSIVE list of mods. Owner was well pissed off as had been told by "experts" that it was worth over €25k. Just wouldn't sell. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gwladys boy

well done on selling it. did u get ur asking price?

where do girls get money like this for cars, um , like this? :rolleyes:

has this new owner a boyfriend. hehehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kaskade wrote:
    I am into all that boyish kind of stuff, cars, mobile technology and computers

Fair play. I appreciate ladies that know their motors :D
    newband wrote:
    why white ffs - cars should never EVER be white

white = Japanese import. Me no like (white cars that is, I don't disapprove of Japanese imports as such)

Kaskade wrote:
    Anyway doesn't matter now cos the car is sold, going to a girl in wexford at the end of the month so at least i will have another couple of weeks of enjoyment!!

I suppose congratulations isn't the right thing to say, but good luck anyway.

Do you mind me asking, what are you replacing it with? Only thing I would think of is an S2000 or NSX!

Yes I got my asking price, the girl who bought it had 2 sti's before. Yes she has a boyfriend and he drives a R32 GTR skyline modified to over 500bhp, got a spin in it yesterday and my god its fast.

Not sure what I'll replace it with yet, thinking bout bringing a 95ish GTS turbo skyline but not sure, I'm a bit scared of RWD but I'll have a look in the auctions and see. It will defo be a jap, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kaskade wrote:
    I'm a bit scared of RWD

You'll love it :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Kaskade wrote:
    ...the girl who bought it had 2 sti's before. Yes she has a boyfriend...
    Love is a powerful thing...

Advertisement