Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reduce the cost of data calls?

Options
  • 26-08-2004 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

i use the HSCSD option on my phone a lot to do business on the internet for my fathers company. The phone is in my name but i use the HSCSD phone for data calls. The cost of these calls is huge.

I have tried adding the HSCSD number to my call a friend for free on the vodafone website but it wont work. Is there anyway i can reduce the cost of these calls. I am on the vodafone talk and text plus option at present.

Any suggestions as to how i can reduce the cost of these calls. I dont want to chnage opeators as vodafone are the only one who provide the HSCSD option.

The GPRS cost is extoration as well so thats doesnt really help my cause as i need to transfer a lot of data.

please help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the Vodafone 087 Mobile ISP number is blocked from being used as your "Friend for Free"

you don't mention don't mention your usage, perhaps if connections can be done off peak the Personal Active account with 300 off peak minutes (that can be used with the Mobile ISP number) might be an option... otherwise investigate switching to a Business account or subscribing to one for this task...

unfortunately Voda IRL didn't introduce time based rates for their 3G offering like Voda DE have done (if you had coverage/your setup was compatible) as that could have been another potential offering for you to investigate...

BrianG

Advertisement