Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted on building my pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is that a 2500+ M?
    Did you know the Abit NF7-S2G is not a good board for overclocking?
    The 480w tagan is a bit of overkill. I have a Tagan380w and its powering 2hdd, 2drives and a 1700+ at 2.1ghz with steady rails. At one point I had 4hdd running off it without a problem.
    What ram you getting?

I think you should of skimped a bit on other parts off the pc to afford a gfx card to go with it.

I'm sorry to sound a bit condesending but IMO I think you should of planned your pc a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I'm sorry to sound a bit condesending but IMO I think you should of planned your pc a bit better.
    It's his first PC Ciaran500 everyone makes some mistakes on their first one ( I agree with what you are saying about the hardware choices though ). When he is building his second he will have learnt from his mistakes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

well i choose the psu for the same reason i choose the processor and mobo because if i was too choose a lesser model of any of things on komplett it would still end up being the same and the quality would be much better.

Also just so we are on the same page aswell i do play games but i am no doom 3 fanatic or other games the only one i might play in future is sims and sims 2 maybe. I only use the internet and use programs no major graphics hog. All i really want is a good one for resolution on monitors so probably about 1024*768 @ 85hz or more. Plus need a tv out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

For that level of gaming a 9600pro would have been a perfect choice (think its €110 on jes) . A 9800pro would be a total waste for you, but then again so is a 480w PSU....... we learn as we go! As you said your not going to depend much on the GFX performance so even €150 is too much, have a look at the 9600 and some benchmarks.......

Can i ask why you didnt get everything from jes computers? It would have worked out cheaper and less shipping costs.

i saw that the shipping everyone thought would be around 10-15 euro but ended up being 25 so i imagined to get everything off them would be alot.

Also i found out why people dont use GLS so i aint getting anything off them again. its ok from komplett cause its in england and its a short distance but its seems to be major when its international.

Also just wondering how do i attach the cathode lights that u can get from komplett i see no place to hook them to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Komplett is in Norway or Denmark(can't remember) and GLS are still **** when they come from UK :/

The cathode lights should just plug into the standard molex power plug from your PSU. (the one HDD and cd drives use)

I know they plug into the power of a HDD but i mean how do they attach internally in the case.

Advertisement