Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veiwtiful Joe

Options
  • 26-08-2004 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Just had my first game of it [on the PS2] and i see what all the cubers were on about. Its looks class and that slo-mo power is really fun [i've only played first level] and can't wait to get rest of the powers. :D

Gotta get sleep now but more joe tomorrow!!

[dante of devil may cry fame is in the game as well!!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's great fun. Challenging though. I can see the PS2 controller being kinda annoying for this game somehow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yeaid say the ps2 controller is pants for it but anyway.... I suggest you play it on adults cause thats where it is a good challenge. EVERYONE SHOULD OWN THIS FOR THE FUN FACTOR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Actaully the ps2 controller has givin me no problems so far but thats probably as i never played it on the gamecube so know no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Have it on the cube, cool game and fairly challenging. I've been stuck on what I think is the last boss for a while now. Had him down to his last legs a couple of times but died just before I could finish him off. Dante is in the PS2 version? As a playable character or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dont think there would be any problems playing it on a ps2 pad. Vietifull joe is the business, cant wait for the second one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wow, just got this yesterday from play.com
    what a beautiful game, and so hard!
    i can't yet get past the helicopter 8)

tell me this, is the difference between kids and adults mode merely difficulty?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I suggest that nobody play this game on Kids. Adults mode is far more challenging. I think Kids just gives you more health. After finishing the game on Adult and saw the amount of starting health in Kids mode I was shocked. The game should be a pushover in kids mode but i've only played it in adult mode.

corpo: yea that's the only difference. I played on adult mode because I thuoght it would have some swears in there too or somethin. but now im just stuck on act5 scene 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I suggest that nobody play this game on Kids. Adults mode is far more challenging. I think Kids just gives you more health. After finishing the game on Adult and saw the amount of starting health in Kids mode I was shocked. The game should be a pushover in kids mode but i've only played it in adult mode.
    :o I'm strugling on kids :o

everyone point and laugh!!!!!!!!! ;) only jokin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pointing and laughing :D

Played it on Adults myself too because well.. I'm an adult :)

Well I THOUGHT I was at the last boss but there was another Chapter to go. I mistakingly thought the big fire dog-like creature was the final boss.. Beat him after about a hundred attempts, dodging his attacks as he was spinning around was a pain in the arse.

Now I think I'm actually on the final boss, fighting
    Captain Blue
    and its rock hard. It's a bit annoying as there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the lightning strikes and they take two life bars off you. There probably is some sort of method of dodging them but I stubbornly refuse to use a guide as usual.
    Beat the first part of the boss and thought I was finished but of course there's another fight, with more annoying lightning bolts.. argh :mad: I'm sure I'll finish it if I keep trying.

Top notch game though, pity it didn't sell well. You can get it for dirt cheap off play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I played on adult mode because I thuoght it would have some swears in there too or somethin.

That's why I picked adult too.
    Really haven't played much of the game though, been preoccupied with Pro Ev 3 and the Master League.

Finished it there yesterday, and there's another bloody difficulty level : V-rated. Had a quick go on it, it justs throws in the harder enemies into the game quicker but you get to keep all the abilities you got from the last game right from the start.
    It says you can play as Sylvia but I haven't seen any option screens letting me choose her

Advertisement