Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journal bug

Options
  • 26-08-2004 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I have 104 entries in my journal. In the cell on the left of any post on a thread by me it says "Journal Entries: 3". What's with that?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Would it be 3 entries since the changeover?

You are listed as having all 104 on the main journals page, at least they haven't been deleted.

On another journal related matter. Would it be possible to list all the journals on the main page, currently only the top 25 (by number of entries) are listed, there is no direct link to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

The new journal buddy system seems to handle that pretty well. And if someone doesn't update their journal enough to at least appear in the "Most Recent..." list, well then tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

mr_angry wrote:
    The new journal buddy system seems to handle that pretty well.
    Thanks for pointing that out; didn't spot it until now.
    And if someone doesn't update their journal enough to at least appear in the "Most Recent..." list, well then tough.
    Regular updates does not automatically imply quality.

mr_angry wrote:
    The new journal buddy system seems to handle that pretty well. And if someone doesn't update their journal enough to at least appear in the "Most Recent..." list, well then tough.

I didn't realise it was some sort of popularity contest, isn't that what post counts and karma is for. ;)
    Quantity does not equal quality, an irregular well written entry is preferable to a daily recourse of mind-numbing nothingness.

The only way the journal buddy system would give access to all journals is by looking at all 22,412 members profiles and adding each journal individually. I am damn sure I am not doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Not all 22,000+ boards.ie members have journals, John R.

• Advertisement

Bard wrote:
    Not all 22,000+ boards.ie members have journals, John R.

I realise that (not having one myself was my first clue), but unless I have missed something the only way to get a list of all journals is to add them all to the journal buddy list. The only way to find all users with journals would be to go through the entire member list, check every profile and manually add each journal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Advertisement