Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV and C4 via Aerial in North Kildare?

• 26-08-2004 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi ,
    I live in rural Kildare on the Western side of Naas, on the side of a hill. I was wondering is anyone in the North Kildare or Naas area getting UTV/C4 etc via an analogue aerial?
    I know you can receive the BBC and some other channels on free to air satellite, so I know what to do for that. But I'd like to get UTV, or ITV Wales or something and C4. What about Channel 5 ?
    Do you need a very high aerial mast?
    Cheers.

Comments

I don't know the area but at a guess I'd imagine something from NI is possible assuming you have no hills higher than you in the way.
    Best advice first is to look at the aerials around you and see what they are pointed to.

A give away would be large-ish uhf aerials on masts pointed north.
    That area would be in the kippure service area for Irish channels so , people would have a horizontal vhf aerial and a tiny uhf one also possibly for tv3 and tg4.
    Then the third higher one , probably on the same pole pointed north thats the one to look for.
    Heres the pictures:
    RTÉ VHF horizontal aerial
    bt751.gif

Tiny TV3 aerial
    20-aerial.jpg

Larger aerial possibly pointed to NI:
    1.2-motor-uhf.b.jpg

That last one has the Irish vhf and a larger UHF aerial, but you'll find that usually in an area like yours where they are receiving stuff from NI, the top aerial on that pic will be higher up ie on a higher pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CaraghCougar

Thanks Earthman,
    I'll keep my eyes peeled and ask a few locals when next in the pub.

Advertisement