Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline E.G.M. - Buswells Hotel, Dublin, 2pm 11th Sept

Options
  • 26-08-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

IrelandOfflines next event will be the E.G.M. The event will take place in Buswells Hotel, Dublin at 2pm on Saturday the 11th of September.

A map for Buswells is here:

buswells_Map.jpg

The blurb from their site:
    Buswells is located in Dublin’s City Centre in the heart of the business district - just opposite the Dail (Government Buildings) and only a five minute stroll from Grafton Street and St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin’s premier shopping district.

Further details about this event will be posted in due course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

We are looking for a loan of a video projector, just for the half day.

Basically bring it with you, arrive a little early so we can set it up, take it home with you at the end of the EGM. It never leaves your sight.

Any takers?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

At the moment I'm ok for the meeting and can bring my projector along but you might be safer to arrange one available locally in case something crops up to prevent me going.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Stickifying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

EGM Running Order:

Starts 2pm.
    • Registration.
    • Opening Speech from Chairman. (Which he assures me will be quick)
    • Summary of last AGM and what we've done since.
    • Broadband for Kinnegad presentation.
    • Broadband Horror Stories summary.
    • Summary of Survey Results.

** Short Break **

• Interim Committee Recommendations on areas to tackle.

Voting:
    • Motion on continuation of IrelandOffline.
    • Motion to elect new Committee. (The chairman position will be decided by the new committee later that day)
    • Motion to expand IOFFL's remit.
    • Motion for the IOFFL committee to look to formalise IOFFL in the coming weeks.
    • Wrap up. Party time.

We will try to get a live connection, but the event will be recorded on mp3 and uploaded later.

The running order may change but this pretty much is how things are going to go. I may have forgotten something important above so this may get edited again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

That certainly sound's like a very interesting meeting. I really would love to have attended, but unfortunately for me. It simply is not possible.

Good luck to everyone involved and I hope you get a much larger attendance than anticipated. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Opening Speech from Chairman. (Which he assures me will be quick)
    Damn straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

If anyone has Ripwave from the Digital Hub East transmitter, it should reach as far as Buswells - perhaps it might be of interest to people attending the EGM to see this kind of connectivity, though I don't know whether it would be useful for streaming, even if it received a signal.

https://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/coverage_maps/Guinness%20%20Navini%202%20rev%20a.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sticky no more. (Stickies bug me. :))

Advertisement