Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Layer DVD+R's £3.98

• 26-08-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

About half the price I've seen before. Datasafe and Ridisc (both ritek) branded. £3.98 from www.svp.co.uk. Stock is arriving tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I'd hold off unless you are desperate for dual layers, they are likely to drop in price considerably in the next few months as they get more widespread. You can get 25 single layer disks for not much more than one dual layer atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

Oh I know. But this is still a fantastic price for dual layers for those who want/need them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Do the dual layered DVD's work with any normal DVD burner or do you need one specifically that burns on to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need a specific burner, like NECs ND2510 or ND3500 or a Pioneer 108, all of which are becoming dirt cheep now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

and a lot of old single layer drives can be flashed to be dual layer write compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

jor el wrote:
    You need a specific burner, like NECs ND2510 or ND3500 or a Pioneer 108, all of which are becoming dirt cheep now too.

:) The ND2510 is on this weeks specials on Komplett only €68.99 plus shipping. I got one of these a couple of months ago and it's great. Haven't tried a dual layer disc yet though.....

Advertisement