Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire 9800pro and VGA Silencer

Options
  • 26-08-2004 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    I bought the Arctic VGA Silencer for my Sapphire 9800pro. The old fan has three connections and the Arctic only has two. The Sapphire had red,black and white. The arctic had red and black wires. I just plugged it in anyway matching the wires and it seems to work.

Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its grand, cant remember what the white does, its the same on most of those fans.... Think its a sensor r somfin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

the third wire on a fan is normally for speed monitoring. My sapphire only had a 2-pin fan on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

You should be fine Dent. Thats what I did too. ie took the fan connector of the Vga cooler and replaced it with the one from the stock cooler making sure that the red and black wires of the Vga cooler went into the same slots on the stock cooler connector as the original fans wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Cool, its always good when others have dealt with the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye same thing happened to me it worried me for a while (5 seconds) :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement