Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Foreign Exchange Refund

Options
  • 26-08-2004 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody received a refund from AIB for their overcharging on Foreign Exchange transactions.

My account was credited last Friday with €15.98. The letter that I received stated that the refund was for Travellers Cheques, it didn't give a date but I'd imagine they were the ones I got about 2 years ago.

Just wondering if anybody else has recieved a refund?

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Yep, I received €4.32 but that's not right. I've transfered money onto my french account and also to the US since 1996 and this is about a total of 15K€. How do they calculate their refund ? is it refunded overtime ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Do they make the usual 22c transaction charge on the refund deposit to your account? Sorry its my nature. I just had to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Hagar wrote:
    Do they make the usual 22c transaction charge on the refund deposit to your account? Sorry its my nature. I just had to ask.

sidebar:
    what is there a transaction charge for lodgements?
    if yes then can i lodge 1c to someones account via my fee student online banking and it costs them 21c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

vector wrote:
    sidebar:
    what is there a transaction charge for lodgements?
    if yes then can i lodge 1c to someones account via my fee student online banking and it costs them 21c!

I think your mind is just sufficiently warped enough to become a great sucess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Hagar wrote:
    I think your mind is just sufficiently warped enough to become a great sucess. :D

silencio! But following the example...
    I lose 1c,
    My "enemy" loses 21c,
    and as always the bank wins, 21c,
    and that is even if it works.

<rant>
    This fees thing is news to me I just looked at
    http://www.aib.ie/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=AIB_PersonalPortal%2FAIB_Guide%2Faib_d_guide&cid=1017077551566&channel=FM

wow, "Account maintenance fee EUR 4.50 per quarter" for current a/c's that could be considered a pure rip-off, and "Automated transactions EUR 0.20 each" again. Even "Paper transactions EUR0.30 each" which of course does involve staff time is expensive.

Now I wonder, what about quicklodge. You use paper so they probably take "Paper transactions EUR0.30 each", but what about ATM lodgements (remember those where you lodge into an enveloipe at the atm) doing that you dont write on any paper so perhaps that is "Automated transactions EUR 0.20 each", 10c less, maybe that is why that raraly works today.

I just wait until I finish college and get the first fees debit, I'm off to TSB!
    <rant>

• Advertisement
Advertisement