Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Markets in Dublin?

• 26-08-2004 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Are there any markets in Dublin? I know of the liberties, but is there any more.
    I'm looking for weekday markets esp.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thread moved from Trading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

if its food markets you are looking for there is one in templebar in meeting house square on a saturday from 10-5. Some great food in there. The smells coming from the place are really good.

Moore st for fruit and veg as well is pretty good.

There is blackberry fair (i think its called) in rathmines. Ive only passed it. Never been but i think it sells furniture and all sorts... correct me if im wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

theres a farmers market in the square in front of the national college of ireland in the ifsc on a wednesday i think... never been myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

There's also Blackrock Market (Fri,Sat,Sun) and a farmers market in Blackrock park on a Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

I'm aware of the Blackrock market and blackberry fair, in so far as I found out about them from Google, but they are weekend only markets, (I think).
    I thinking more along the lines of a flea market, where you can get bits and bobs, little interesting tidbits not really food. Thomas street used to have a few mainly for cloths, was in there today and a man told me they had all closed except the liberties.
    They have this stuff in other countries, why can't we have them? Are we too rich?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

There's the Mad Cow Market on weekends (the Newlands Cross side of the Red Cow Roundabout on the Naas Road) & there's a small market on the long mile road too (near E.P. Mooneys).
    There's also a market in Fairyhouse any Sunday that there isn't racing on. Someone I know was at it at the weekend & said it's really good.
    There's a car boot sale in Tallaght village every second Saturday morning, Rathcoole village the 1st Sat or Sun of the month (not sure which) and on Cardiffsbridge Road (church carpark) in Finglas Sunday mornings. Haven't been to any of the car boot sales, so I'm not sure what they're like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

Thanks i'll look into all of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

Oral Slang wrote:
    There's a car boot sale in Tallaght village every second Saturday morning

is there ? i live in tallaght and never heard of one there - is it at the Kingsbury Furniture store (the old Super value) in the village ?

Advertisement