Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Derby and Intervarsities and Outdoor Shoot

• 26-08-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

UCD is considering holding the Dublin Derby in the first or second week of October, it was ment to be held before the summer holidays but unfortunately it wasn't. Obviously its going to be mainly for the archers from last year but if any clubs have decent beginners by that stage they are welcome to come.

So what do ye think of having the Dublin Derby in early October, will ye come?

Also UCD are planning to book the hall for their intervarsity, has any other club already booked times for around the last week of Feburary?

Finally, is there going to be an university outdoor shoot in sept? If so who is organising it or does someone want to start organising it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PronsiasPenguin

As Dermot said, we're hoping to have our intervarsity on 26th February, hopefully no-one else has their eye on this date. The Dublin Derby........possibly 16th October.....let us know what ya think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I think we are going to use the Irish Open as the venue for the University Outdoor shoot... UL hasnt booked anything yet. I'll let ye know.

I suggest anyone planning on shooting in the Irish Open get their names in *quick*..

Regards

Ewan

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

I've provisionally booked the 27th of November for our shoot. We're also having a Dolmen archers shoot on the 28th for anyone staying around.

Let me know how these dates suit everyone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

DCU's booked for November 6th and DCU&Dublin Archers on the 7th.

We've the full hall this year so we'll be able to pull off the whole shoot in one go. No need for seperate groups. At least this was the intention.

Just trying to think would there be enough room for a 25m shoot there. *ponders* Could well be. It's upto the new committee anyhow. What they do they do. I'll be there to watch/shoot only. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

The start of November might be a bit early for a 25M shoot. The newbies will have just started and will only be getting used to shooting 18M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

its probably best to keep the same format for all the intervarsities, and extra 7m isn't really worth the trouble it causes.

The normal target face for 25m is 60cm, so would beginners shoot 80cm? if so what are the cut off points for beginners to become advanced. also if we are using the new scoring system, where peoples total points is the sum of their top 4 scores, then a 25m shoot could unbalance the scoring system. That said if DCU want to do a 25m then something can be worked out, but i don't think the novelty is worth the hassel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I didn't really think it'd be as part of the main competition and wouldn't have thought it for newbies.

I just thought that some people might be interested in giving it a go. 25m would be pushing some clubs bows which struggle to hit 18m. :P

Most certainly not gonna be a 25m shoot, especially given its timing. But for example you could make the advanced targets 25m and the beginners 18m (bring them forward) for the hotshot or anything. I'm sure the committee's open to suggestions. Bear in mind there should be time to spare in the day since all clubs can shoot (AB-CD still of course) at the same time...

Just pondering out loud. Chill! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Maynooth Intervarsity might be on December 4th, that ok with people?

Advertisement