Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I HATE THIS GAME

Options
  • 10-09-1999 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hobbes you can have my account, i really dont like this game. Every time i get a new character i spend hours and hours training and getting cash(always banked) someone kills me. Even when i had left the game
    i came back and i was dead. I just lost my
    Expert miner/blacksmith character(74.2/68.6)
    and now im really angry so i aint gonna play this game anymore.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

First off, you have to log your character out in an Inn or your character stays there for 5 minutes. If you want to log out in the wilderness use a dagger on a tree and cut off some kindling and make a fire then log out when it tells you that you can.

Second, when you die, unless you did something evil or you instantly ress (which you should never do! Always play as ghost and go find a healer), you do not lose the characters stats, only what they were carrying. If you have gold put the goddam stuff in the bank. You do not lose gold put in the bank unless your stupid enough to put the full bounty on a persons head (REMEMBER THAT BOUNTY IS TAKEN DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT). If it ever says you want put a bounty on someones head you only put 1 GOLD piece on thier head.

It is not like a normal game where if you go to one part of the map it will be a lower level monsters and easy.

Please explain in more detail of how you lost your character? You know if you find a healer you can come back to life.

Look stop playing the game for a short while.. go read the following website in detail, you will learn quite a lot of what you can and can't do...

http://uo.stratics.com

READ IT... a lot of what you are doing are newbie mistakes, once you bypass them your laughing.

Oh yea, miners are renowned for getting ganked. Until you can defend yourself you should mine in a safe zone (eg. Delucia or Cove) or with people you can trust and don't keep large amounts of ingots/ore on you at any time.

Also while your at it...

How is it that you have a brand new account and none of your characters are marked as "Young" ? When you start off for the first time you get special powers that stops people from b1tch slapping you about for about a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Another happy customer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

We all have days like that.If you want to be a miner/smith go the delucia as the entire mine area is under guard protection.Building a smith takes alot of time(6 months + to hit gm smith)but you will make alot of cash.Seeing as your a new player you will die alot,its just the way it works,but with a little effort on your part you can pick up the rules quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Urien Rackarth

Basically i was mining some ore at the edge of britain(right beside the smithy's)
    some guy hit me with a spell from outside the gaurds protection area, and nothing happened to him. I was dead thinking myself safe. The other game i was beside the smithies in britain and logged off when i returned the next day i was dead..???

what am supposed to read on that page, and remember i cant stay online for days at a time, the longest i have played straight at UO is 8 hours and i think thats enough.

[This message has been edited by Urien Rackarth (edited 10-09-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Urien Rackarth

I have just logged on to Hakuto where my last character died, now he is back to life and has more gold, ingots, and experience than when he died. Can anyone explain this.

It means that..

1. either your not keeping track of what you are doing.
    2. Someone has hacked your account.
    3. Your account is in use by someone else
    4. The server time warped (if they have problems they revert to backup tapes of an hour to a few days sometimes).

Why are you playing on Hakuto? That Shard is in Japan. The closest Shard for you is Europa. Remember playing on a one shard has no effect on the others so it's best to build up your characters all on one shard.

In the meantime check your machine for BO. Also go to http://www.signal9.com/ and download thier Conseal Firewall for the PC. It will protect you from loads of remote attacks. It's a 30 day thing, but I can sort something out for you.

Also!!! TELL ME THIS. When you started for the very first time did you have "Young" Characters? You should have the first time you start off unless your account is not new. If you didn't Page a GM in the game and ask them if your account was new to begin with. If you have any probs with this let me know.

In relation to getting killed on the edge of Britain. It is very important you mention what Shard. For example if this was Siege Perilous, you were just s*** out of luck as the guards don't come unless they are close by.

Venoms right, go to Delucia and mine there, 2 sides of the city are surrounded by mountains. And learn to use a weapon or run away.

If you don't plan on logging off in an inn, then hide yourself before doing it, also make sure you have nothing on yourself, as if your luckly you just get robbed.

Also... Reboot the machine, start up UO. Make sure that ICQ is not started and change your account password. After that, do not save the password as crackers can get it. And pick a hard password (8 characters at least with alpha-numeric)

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 10-09-99).]

Oh and what to read on that site? Work out what you want to play in the game then look it up in the menu.

For example, where it says "Miner" click that and it will tell you everything you need and should do to have a somewhat safe mining experience.

Lastly try to learn how to write in an unagressive form. Always sounds like your throwing a hissy fit when you write something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Also try wearing full BONE ARMOR and black clothes.For some reasion ppl seem to think ur a pk dressed like that and most wont pick a fight with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Heheheheh.

I used to wear that all the time, the ol death robe dyed red and a set of purdy bone armor.

But then again, I WAS a PK so heh, it was probably appropriate smile.gif

Kegs.

Advertisement