Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ff Xi

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

have they introduced any meaningful pvp in ffxi yet?
    or is it still PvE only?

if so what is there to do apart from leveling up and getting more "loot"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ffxilad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

As ffxiboy pointed out, they're running Ballista matches now every day between the different countries. I really should try that out sometime.

Also, with the latest expansion pack they've added a load of new areas and events. There's 3 "crags" in the world, Holla, Dem, and Mea. One of the new areas (which is supposed to be pretty damn kickass) is only available when you complete events at these these three crags... I did one last night and it was really fun - you need 12-18 people to do it, and after wandering your way through a maze type thing it culminates in a battle with a big nasty, and reveals a little more of the plotline to boot.

What is there to do other than levelling up? Lots... you can craft (there's about 8 different guilds), explore new areas, go hunting for treasure in a dungeon or castle, skill up your character with different weapons/spells, unlock another job class and learn how to play a bit better by using different jobs, do burning circle monster battles (BCNM), enter dynamis (high level events with huge rewards), go and find your Artifact Armour or Race Specific Armour, complete one of the thousands of quests available from NPC's, do missions for your home country to advance the plotline, gain the ability to summon avatars like Ifrit and Fenrir and hunt high level notorious monsters in an alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Much more to do than just fight monsters, I do alchemy fishing and mining, not just because it's there but because you need to do it, to earn money

Advertisement