Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop question

Options
  • 26-08-2004 4:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this may seem basic to some but im just trying to figure out something in photoshop.

I have an image/crest (bitmap) but it has a white background and i want to get rid of this background. Now i tried doing this with the pen tool but then i dont know what to do. Or making the background transparent if this is easier

I want to export this image then into a layout i have all but done so this is really the last bit i have to do before the slicing and dicing

Sorry if i havent explain properly, if in doubt ill post more info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

You could use the magic wand to take out the bit you want.
    If the background is all white then it should work pretty well.
    You can change the tolerance level if it's selecting too much.

If you click the magic wand on the white section, i should select all the white area.
    Then you can invert the selection to get the logo.

If you can't get it to work, why not post up the image and i'll do it for you.

Killian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

cheers did it in 2 minutes
    Spent an hour last night trying to do it

I suppose the lesson to be learned is just ask someone who knows

Cheers again :)

No worries. :D
    Can't say i know everything about photoshop but what i do know i'm happy to share.

Killian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

dont worry ill be back with a zillion more questions later once ill start a new website ;)

:D

Killian

• Advertisement
Advertisement