Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 GPRS costs

Options
  • 26-08-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I'm currently on a monthly contract with O2 and I'm getting a new phone. GPRS seems to be available pretty much at no extra charge on many of the new phones. My question is how much does it cost to actually use GPRS? Is the cost calculated on a time connected or on the amount of data transferred?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 90s

On O2 it 3c per KB A.F.A.I.K and on Vodafone and Meteor its 2c per KB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

You don't think it's much dearer on O2 (only 1c) but I've noticed it so much dearer when I changed over from Vodafone that I've more or less stopped using it. After all, it's 50% dearer than O2's competitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I'm on pay monthly with O2 and have a 1meg data bundle which costs 7.50 I think. Odd thing is, for the last 2 months my bill shows that I have not had any data usage and I get a full 1meg carried forward both this month and last month. I use it a fair amount during the day for checking emails while on the move so it looks like their data counter is up the swanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

...in the meantime o2 germany charge €4.95 per month for unlimited wap over gprs. sickening, isn't it? :p

Advertisement