Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternative to bugzilla?

Options
  • 26-08-2004 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

howdy,
    like it says I'm looking for an alternative to bugzilla.
    I think bugzilla is too heavyweight for my purposes.
    All I really want is to provide a system for external users to report bugs
    and request features, and to see that they have been fixed.

any suggestions?

thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

If its online how about just a simple forum/page.
    Youd get one free off the net.
    I use Bugzilla aswell, its decent but a bit annoying sometimes. The mysql db can crash also which does'nt help things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Only one I know off hand is clearquest. But it isn't free.

We use a custom built SPR system created in Domino. It's pretty good but not available for outside work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

OTRS might be what you're looking for, it's just a trouble ticketing system.
    http://otrs.org/

Also take a look at scarab (www.tigris.org) a Java based bug tracker, but that's probably a bit too heavyweight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

yeah I think a simple message board is all you would need, though I'm not sure you would want all threads visible to all users??. As for Clearquest, I'd think you'd faint if you heard the price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

thanks all.
    I think I'll just write up a couple of forms to talk to mysql.

I really want people to use it so the easier it is the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

We use mantis here, cause we had exactly the same problem with bugzilla being overweight.

Free, based on the usual type of stuff, and pretty good for what its supposed to do, IMHO.

You'll find it at www.mantisbt.org

Advertisement