Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Programming

Options
  • 26-08-2004 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

ok folks, I'm new to VBA and well I've never really used access at all, untill now.
    In my application I want a combo box that has three different options to select from. The first one is a word document and the other 2 are pdfs. when you click on them they should open up.

Is there a way to have a hyperlinked combo box to do this?

As i said im new to this so my apologies if its a stupid ass question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

sed wrote:
    ok folks, I'm new to VBA and well I've never really used access at all, untill now.
    In my application I want a combo box that has three different options to select from. The first one is a word document and the other 2 are pdfs. when you click on them they should open up.

Is there a way to have a hyperlinked combo box to do this?

As i said im new to this so my apologies if its a stupid ass question.

I don't program in vba but 20 minutes of messing around and i came up with something like this..
    Private Sub Command1_Click() (or Private Sub Combo0_Change() - not sure what you mean)
    If Form_Form1.Combo0.Value = "App1" Then
     Set oApp = CreateObject(Class:="Word.Application")
           oApp.Visible = True

'Open the Document
        oApp.Documents.Open filename:="D:\doc1.doc"

ElseIf Form_Form1.Combo0.Value = "App2" Then

Advertisement