Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My computer acting as a receiver?

• 26-08-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

I was just browsing through a few sites and i notice a low sound on my speakers. I was wondering where it was coming from. I muted everything and it still there. It sounds like a woman and a man talking in German/French. Something like that anywayz, i have to have to volume up to the last to hear it. Its very faint , sometimes it better quailty that other times. I plugged the jack out of my computer and it doesn't be there at all then, only works when plugged into the computer and works when all mute.
    I didn't think my computer would be able to do this...maybe someone could explain me the physics behind this. Its wierd, now they singing, must be a foreign radio station

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

hi,

happens on mine too, aparently its when your speakers pick up radio channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Shhh! That's the government... don't let them know you're in on their plans to take control of everyones computers and make them listen to german music all day to eliminate all elements of free will...

They're on to me, I've said too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It could be worse. They could make us listen to Daniel O'Donnell, not that anything he ever did has anything in the slightest to do with music! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

doesnt he have his own tv.show now? he has such an orange face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I am reminded of the old talking book machines that the National Council For the Blind used to give out. When you were listening to the tape you could hear 2FM in the background. Your speakers are probably picking up radio stations on the Medium Wave band.

I am not sure what causes it but AM signals tend to cause more interfierence to anything with a speaker than FM signals. Remember when people were complaining in the north-east about Atlantic 252 coming through their telephones or CB radios interfiering with televisions on whatever street the person using it was living.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I remember back in the day when my phone line was broken and every time i picked up the phone i could hear people talking on the line. I picked up entire conversations and they could hear me when i spoke. It provided no end of hilarity...

And yes... wee daniel does have his own show and i missed it...

For shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Flukey wrote:
    It could be worse. They could make us listen to Daniel O'Donnell, not that anything he ever did has anything in the slightest to do with music! :rolleyes:

funny story... I was walking down dame st and daniel passed me, and I thought to myself.. wow that was daniel o donnel...

There was a bum/drunk with a cup begging for money and he runs up to daniel and says "aren't you ****ing daniel o donnel? My ****ing mother loves you", Daniel says "Yes, I am ****ing Daniel O Donnel!"... and he gave him a euro.... you had to be there... it was the funiest thing id ever seen in my life....
    :D

Advertisement