Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest thing at ses 2

Options
  • 26-08-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

alright i thought i'd start a thread bout strange things. new today so not sure if this has been done before if yes i apologise and delete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Its CTYI, everything is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

pinkpimp wrote:
    Its CTYI, everything is strange.

Damn, you beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yeah, what he said.

Well you tend to pick up a load of catchphrases...for example "hell yeah", "oh yeahhh".
    at CTYI, everything is either ultimate or random...or both.....
    we can appreciate everything from irwin to clouds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

ah but there is normal strange and strange strange. for example Pierce and Dave's game of toss the Aine. Well?

firstly, you never heard oh yeah before ctyi??? What, do you live under a rock.
    Secondly, theres no difference between irwin and the clouds. Well... no distance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

or impromptu, a few things were that

pinkpimp wrote:
    firstly, you never heard oh yeah before ctyi??? What, do you live under a rock.
    Secondly, theres no difference between irwin and the clouds. Well... no distance.

Obviously I did. But its way more catchy at ctyi. I didnt tend to say "oohhh yeahhhhh!" after everything before...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

of course i heard of it i went there four times its matthew of the lack of eyebrows etc. so i was there. COLM!

YEAH!!! MATT!!!

You rock man... why werent you at the reunion(s)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

yeah,matthew you should go to the next reunion, its on the 28th at stephens green at noon. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

everything is either ultimate or random
    :eek:
    how could you forget uber?
    i am shocked and appaled!

:eek:
    how could you forget uber?
    i am shocked and appaled!

my apologies. in my defence i was half asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

well last year everything was QUALITY!!!!! but this year i didnt really pick up anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Strange things?

Similtaneous illnesses... that was wierd...
    Those carrot jokes as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Perhaps the lack of eyebrows for 1 thing, the aforementioned carrot jokes, the authority's reaction to cross-dressing wednesday (that was strange!), can't think of anything more strange than usual.

OOOhhh, Bish getting his ear pierced - it wasn't strange, but must be mentioned for it's high amusement factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The waxing/plucking thingy was pretty weird. The patch on my right leg still hasn't shown any signs of growing back yet, bit worrying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Cloud Appreciation! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah I miss the Carrot jokes........EHHHHHH!

Spog wrote:
    the authority's reaction to cross-dressing wednesday (that was strange!)

Yeah, that really took me by surprise. I think its that the photos were on that day, and they thought we were trying to mess them up, but it was just a strange coincidence (hey, theres a strenge thing). I'm pretty sure that they were breaching some sort of right we have by telling us to change, but schmeh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

No1 else found garreth the ra's hair cut remotely strange?

Jus me then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

pinkpimp wrote:
    Yeah, that really took me by surprise. I think its that the photos were on that day, and they thought we were trying to mess them up, but it was just a strange coincidence (hey, theres a strenge thing). I'm pretty sure that they were breaching some sort of right we have by telling us to change, but schmeh...

Did Colm (academic co-ordinator not Pimp) not come to your study period. He said Sheila reserves the right to make any new rules she feels are neccessary to the smooth running of CTYI. Her reason was that she thought some of the more conservative DCU staff might find it offensive and complain about the program.

Up with mini skirts!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

The Shower Incident. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sunstorm wrote:
    The Shower Incident. Nuff said.
    Yes, the delay fuse on that shell worked perfectly

Erm...I mean...*runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Spog wrote:
    OOOhhh, Bish getting his ear pierced - it wasn't strange, but must be mentioned for it's high amusement factor.

:D I love telling the story of the piercing to people when they first notice it!

So who'd pay to see me get my tongue pierced? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Only if it were pierced by a mace

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I'll pay you to let ME pierce your tongue.... hehehe.... ooh I like that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

the carrot jokes, and why everyone eventually began laughing at them has anyone seen jims website?

matthews lack eyebrows, but then the strangeness of that wore off and it became matthew has no eyebrows- meh.

the jar of forks. seriously (but maybe thats cos i found them) and then the guy who took 2 out and put them in his mouth. i have no idea where they had been, bought 'em in a second hand/charity shop. if you die i accept no responsibilty.

there wasnt really that much strangeness, or strange things just became normal which is what makes ctyi ctyi.

i suppose the shower thing was strange, the fire alarm going off in res and it not beign a drill.

odharnaits morphinated wanderings.

sheila being in the room next door, well the apartment thingy. that was weird.

but all in all ctyi wasnt that strange. and there werent strange things. or not that many, or many that i can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hannahC

The waxing/plucking thingy was pretty weird. The patch on my right leg still hasn't shown any signs of growing back yet, bit worrying that.

haha don't worry. The point of waxing is that it won't grow back for about 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

SEE...... ducktape can fix ANYTHING even unsightly leg hair!
    the whole waxing thing was strange and the shower going kabam...... the last household appliance you'd expect to burst into flames..... for god's sake it's filled with water and water DOESN'T catch on fire. oh and the fact that the first week went by really slow..... i blamed it on the newbies who didn't understand the demented beauty of ctyi and then the last two week got squished into one week it seemed.
    but as it has been said ctyi is known for its oddities. but there was something else i can't put my finger on that made it weird...hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

Water obviously does catch on fire. How else did it happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

"Inflammable means flammable? What a country!"

Advertisement