Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI 19" TFT,Gericom Laptop 2nd, September 2004

• 26-08-2004 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

hmm might get 1 of these myself :cool:

they also got a nice looking laptop in aswell hmm which 1 to get O_o

http://ireland.aldi.com/special_buys/product_364.html

Add style to any home or office with this superb 19" TFT multimedia monitor. 19" TFT panel size. Resolution: 1280x1024 pixels. Pixel pitch: 0.294. Contrast ratio: 600:1 (typ). Typ. brightness: 250 cd/m. LCD response time: 25ms. 2 integrated speakers. Solid adjustable base stand.

http://ireland.aldi.com/special_buys/product_361.html

Multi Format DVD Burner DVD R/RW** Intel PRO/WIRELESS LAN 2200 b/g ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128MB High resolution 15.1in SXGA+ Display 80 GB Hard disk 512 MB DDR RAM 333MHz 4 in 1 Card Reader Soundsystem High Speed Interfaces 3x USB 2.0, Firewire IEEE1394 Audio & Video interfaces 1x PCMCIA Type II Card Bus supported Modem and LAN Battery: SMART LI-ION Battery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Unlike Lidl you can reorder these specials from the shop if you arrive too late on the day and they are all gone .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Any idea what processor is in the Laptop ??

TFT screen looks like a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Probably a Pentium 4 3.06Ghz Mobile. I got the last Gericom laptop they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

Would this monitor be decent enough for some heavy gaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

25ms response time, which is not really great and could mean some ghosting during gameplay or movie playback

It might be fine, but you wouldn't know for sure until you tried it.

Ideally for gaming your looking for something with a sub 25 ms response time.

XDA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Intel Centrino Technology
    Pentium M Processor 1.7GHz
    400 MHz FSB
    90nm
    Battery Runtime Approx 6Hrs

24 warranty incl pick up and return service
    24 month inclusive all risk insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

TFT monitor

It all depends on the panel used for the TFT. If it was a Hydis panel then you'd be ok barely for gaming at 25ms. But it doesn't look like it have DVi so really a no go for gaming. As this is a cheapo I doubt it's a Hydis so gaming will look pretty bad on it.

Fo gaming in RGB 15 pin VGA you need at least 16-ms. BenQ are pretty good these days with sub 16ms panels for under 350 on www.jes-computer.de.
    Research your TFT alot before you buy if your going for gaming and DV watching. otherwise you'll get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

Thanks for the advice GinjaNinja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

By the looks of the laptop, it is a centrino. You can just see the centrino sticker on it and it has the intel pro wireless package also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

GinjaNinja wrote:
    TFT monitor

It all depends on the panel used for the TFT. If it was a Hydis panel then you'd be ok barely for gaming at 25ms. But it doesn't look like it have DVi so really a no go for gaming. As this is a cheapo I doubt it's a Hydis so gaming will look pretty bad on it.

Fo gaming in RGB 15 pin VGA you need at least 16-ms. BenQ are pretty good these days with sub 16ms panels for under 350 on www.jes-computer.de.
    Research your TFT alot before you buy if your going for gaming and DV watching. otherwise you'll get done.

I have a reliysis VGA 20ms screen and I find it fine for gaming and DVDs. The colours aren't quite as rich or bright as my Sony laptop, but its pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

hmm, dunno...
    Seems like a good deal, but its probably too souped up for what I want in a laptop!!

still hoping for my imac, anyway!

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Do jes-computer deliver to Ireland and if so what kind of charges do we incur? Only some of the site is in English.

Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I read some reviews on the Tft, they where all geraman but none of them where good... It'd be grand for the ave home user, not much use if ur into gaming etc. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

think ill go for the laptop, do for going to lans :D

Advertisement