Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed more so advice

Options
  • 26-08-2004 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I'm not to sure if this is the right place i am hoping to start a computer course next month,have the interview monday,
    YEAR 1

· Programming I
    · Spreadsheets
    · Databases
    · Computer Architecture
    · Internet
    · Communications
    · Word Processing
    · German
    · Web Authoring
    FETAC Code: CITXX

YEAR 2

· Systems Analysis
    · Networks
    · Relational Databases
    · Systems Maintenance
    · Windows Programming
    · Programming II
    · Web Authoring II
    · Operating Systems
    · Maths Methods
    · Communications

This are the things i will be doing,now i am looking for something to start off off in a few of these Programming etc , is there anything online that i can start to learn these things,basicaly i want to be ahead at the start because i have alot of work to do and have good results?any help would be really good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Get yourself a Java book that teaches from basics, something like Java in 24 hours and then make sure you understand it all and then try and move onto more in depth books. Get them from your local library, I'm suggesting Java cause it's nice, free and easy to learn for a beginner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Wait... Why is German included in that course? It really dosn't seem to fit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Zonko wrote:
    Wait... Why is German included in that course? It really dosn't seem to fit in.
    Probably because they needed to round up the hours to a full week and they don’t have enough qualified IT teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah i no german seems kinda stupid thanks for the advice OfflerCrocGod

Advertisement