Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon delivery

• 26-08-2004 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right plase to post this, if not, feel free to move it.

Anyway, I ordered an IRiver IHP-140 off amazon on Tuesday, and chose the 1-2 day delivery option. Anyone know who amazon use for these deliverys?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Anything that I have purchased from Amazon.UK has always arrived very quickly via normal Royal Mail post. I have not used the 1 - 2 day delivery option with them.

However, I have used that option with : www.insight.co.uk
    and they use a private courier, and I have received my goods the next day, no problem. So I assume Amazon use a private courier for superfast delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hmm, thanks. The amazon site says my order hasnt been dispatched yet. :/ God I'm so impatient. :(

Relax. Amazon are brill :cool: They normally send you an e-mail when your goods have been despatched. Are you sure you ordered an 'In Stock' item and not something with a waiting list ?..

I'll take your word for it, it's the first time I've ordered off them. ^.^ Once I get it before i get back to school I'll be happy. I was kinda hoping to get it tomorrow but that looks like it's not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

My last few orders from them have come from Securicor Omega Express, though they were normal delivery orders, just fairly large ones.

Relax, Amazon are probably the best site you can do business with on the net, faultless. I have given them over 3k worth of business in the past few years, and never once have they let me down. In comparison with some Irish sites, Easons, Peats, Elara (all of whom I've had done very little business with, yet had problems with each) that's an impossible success rate. My only problem is the fact that they don't have an Irish outlet and the exchange rate makes them expensive enough at times, but then again, maybe the irish standards of service would come with the franchise :X

• Advertisement

Omega Express are also brill. So once bennyx_o's item is despatched he should receive it in 24 Hours, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Just logged in on amazon. Under "Where's my stuff" - recent orders. You can track your order - unless I dreamt it :eek: . Just tells me nothing ordered in 30 days.

Why, have you something on order ?..

I take it none of these couriers deliver on weekends?

Paddy20 wrote:
    Why, have you something on order ?..
    No nothing on order - just amazed nobody mentioned this. Of course maybe I did in fact dream it :o

• Advertisement

bennyx_o wrote:
    I take it none of these couriers deliver on weekends?

Not usually, no. Think back to how you used to get to sleep on christmas eve when you still believed, and apply the same technique to get you through to monday.

Anyway, you can use the extra cooling off time to cancel the order and buy the marginally technically inferior, but well better looking ipod.

/me lights touch paper and runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Anything ive ever ordered from amazon has arrived within less than a week. Theyre without a doubt the best ive ordered from for punctual deliveries.

I wouldnt recommend ordering anything from some of the independent sellers on amazon though. They usually dont get tracking numbers etc so your stuff could just mysteriously "disappear"!

I've been waiting over 90 days for cheers season 2 and now its OUT over here and everything.... dastards

Hmm, ok, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Paddy20 wrote:
    Relax. Amazon are brill
    Agreed. Their customer service is outstanding. I've had some delayed deliveries in the past (not delayed dispatches, just delayed deliveries) and I've found their response both by email and on the phone to be nothing short of perfect.

@bennyx:
    If you're concerned that the stuff is taking a while to be sent, drop them a nice mail. they pretty much always get back with a response within 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've found Amazon very good altogether, though I never used their 1-2 day service, too damned expensive. Although I find play.com faster just about all the time, my package still arrived within a week from when I ordered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

amazon are very good with deliveries usually...

i ordered a digital camera with them through regular post and it didn't arrive. It eventually got returned to them.

I phoned them up and they sent out the same package with the 1-2 day express for free and i got it no probs. I think it was DHL they used.

I would order from them again no probs...

I have a feeling that, Securicor Omega Express may have a Saturday delivery.
    Anyway, unless you have received a goods despatched e-mail from Amazon as yet, then it is unlikely that you will receive your order.

Anyway, this is Friday morning ?.. you are impatient. That is part of being young :)

N.B. You could always call Securicor Omega Express and ask if they have a Saturday delivery ?... Number in phone book, yellow pages or business pages in ordinary phone book, at the back.

Ok, so i rmailed amazon and they replied sayinmg they havn't recieved the IRiver in their fulfilment centre. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

bennyx_o wrote:
    Ok, so i rmailed amazon and they replied sayinmg they havn't recieved the IRiver in their fulfilment centre. :(
    Fulfilment Centre?

WTF?!?!

warehouse, shurly? :D

oh - and while we're having the Amazon love-in, have to say i found 'em great as well. Order went missing on me..i.e. dispatched but didn't turn up. polite email to them, and order was re-sent. no questions, no quibbles...

We checked your order and confirm that we have
    not yet received "Iriver 40GB MP3 Player with FM Tuner IHP-140" in
    our Fulfilment Centre.

Theres the quote from the email. The website says theres 3 new ones available, yet the email says they havnt recieved them yet.

• Advertisement

E-Mail again with your full details and the puzzling response e-mail details that you have received. Make it clear that you are not a 'happy bunny' as you paid for - Special 1-2 Day delivery. So what the hell are they doing right now to sort your problem out.

Why have they not sent you out another. Currently, it seems they are 'in breach of contract'. They are the one's in trouble andthey had better sort it out to your complete satisfaction fast. NOW Immediately ?..

How did you pay for your order ?..

I Payed using my mom's credit card. I emailed them back asking what this ment, but didnt get a reply, so I guess I'll be waiting till monday for a reply. :rolleyes:

You should not have to wait till Monday for a reply, as Amazon.UK are a 7 days a week operation. Using your Mum's credit card means that your money is safe as credit cards normally refund any monies paid out on a credit card if problems arise with one of their authorised dealer's.

I feel sure that Amazon will resolve this unusual situation, to your satisfaction. If they do not they will refund in full the credit card account that was used.

So, at least your Mother need not be concerned. Human error sometimes happens as no one is perfect in this world, but at least you are dealing with a reputable Online Internet retail business.

A miserable experience, especially as it is your 'first order' with Amazon.UK.

Over the years I can honestly say that I personally have saved a small fortune buying all types of light and heavy goods from them. As in my home town in Donegal the retailers charge the maximum for everything.

Finally, can I suggest that you have a look at: www.qvcuk.com
    as they are part of the largest online retail operation in the world.

Also for instant best price* available searchs try : www.kelkoo.co.uk/

Be lucky.

P.

bennyx_o wrote:
    Theres the quote from the email. The website says theres 3 new ones available, yet the email says they haven't recieved them yet.

Quote failed to net: Fulfillment centre from original
    What this probably means is that Amazon paid a bunch of consultants $1-2 Million to look at their operation and how to improve things. One of the fruits of this was "Fulfillment Centre" - sigh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Never had a problem with Amazon and I've gotten loads of stuff from them (various). They are great.

One of the guys in work never got one of his packages and Amazon sent him out the same books again. He got the other (one that didn't arrive) much later and just returned it to Amazon.

I do have one outstanding order still in amazon that has been sitting there for months. But they haven't billed me (one book in the list is basically out of print).

I can confirm that your order has now entered the dispatch process
    and we expect your order to leave our Fulfillment Center soon. Once
    it has been dispatched, we will send you an e-mail message confirming
    the date, contents, and method of delivery.

My orders finally being dispatched :D. I wonder if I didn't email them woild it be being dispatched now. Thanks to the people who replied n stuff. ^.^

I never had an e-mail worded in that manner from Amazon. Usually it simply states something like. "We thought you would like to know that your order etc, has now been despatched via so and so today".

Just thinking this is a Bank holiday weekend in the UK. Might account for your unfortunate frustrating experience.

Anyway, things are now improving. Maybe this would make a good TV programme:- "The Internet Shopping Show" featuring everyones bad experiences and a name and shame ending.

Bah, I forgot it was a bank holiday in England. I wonder if this means I'll be waiting longer for it, or will they dispatch it to DHL tomorrow?

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Surely you have some other method of playing mp3 files in the meantime, if so please go and do it because the incessant 'arewethereyet arewethereyet arewethereyet' style monologue you've got going on here, especially when the company in question provides an unrivalled (imo) and vouched for service, is highly irritating.

If you can't wait for the damn thing go and find some sleeping pills or some similar substance which will knock you out until tuesday when the courier arrives with your life-altering consumer electronics.

• Advertisement

ImprOv,

Maybe it's you who should take a 'Chill out' pill. No one is forcing you to read this thread, so go stick your face in the Sunday rag of a newspaper that your type read.

Please accept my apologies, my frustration got the better of me. It's just that reading this thread is like watching one blind man give another blind man vague written directions on how to find a light switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Well I'm going to buckle the trend. Due to previous experiences I never use amazon. Firstly I ordered a Microsoft Wireless desktop some time ago. Product arrived - mouse was wireless but keyboard wasn't. I emailed Amazon but got no where. Granted the error was down to me not reading the fine print/Microsoft's advertising. Another time a mate of mine asked me to order some video's for him. I did and he rang back to say could I change the last item ordered. Could not find the option to do this on the website so I emailed them. No way the order could be changed or cancelled (once the goods are in stock you cannot cancel/change order once you place the order). In the end Amazon said you will have to refuse delivery and the order will be sent back and my account would be credited minus P&P. This was approx 2 mins after I placed the order.

The problems above were down to my error I admit. However Amazon did nothing to help me out as far as I'm concerned.

I think you answered your own problem "Down to you" as you state - "Your mistake/error ". Amazon are a business, some customer's they can - happily - live without :cool:

IMO, they are unbeatable. .

Well I'm happy, my order was dispatched today using DHL express. Wonder if I'll get it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

You should. How much did you pay for the 1-2 Day delivery ?.. which you never received.

After you get your item if I was you I would request an excessive delivery charge refund !.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Were DHL/Omega Express working today?

I'm waiting for a parcel thats hasnt moved since last Friday :confused:

AFAIK, DHL are nothing to do with OMEGA which belongs to Securicor*, and are a lot cheaper than DHL which I believe are American* owned.

Today is a Bank holiday in the UK, but not here ?..

Indeed Omega do belong to Securicor, however afaik DHL bought Omega Express among other companies. It was sent through www.parcels2go.co.uk using Omega Express.

A quote from the DHL site!
    Welcome to our 'new look' web site. Why the new look? Because the unique strengths of DHL, Danzas and Deutsche Post Euro Express have been combined under one brand - DHL. In the UK & Ireland, Securicor Distribution is a partner to all these businesses and so is also being rebranded to DHL. For the customer, this means access to total express, logistics and freight solutions.

Yeah i asume the bank holiday is why it hasn't moved :)

Interesting quote that. Worries me though as my experience of DHL is that they are far too expensive, and I really liked Omega as they were "Fast & cheap" in the ROI at least. ;)

The delivery was something like 25 pound. :rolleyes: I'm going to email them when I get it and ask for a refund for the delivery.

• Advertisement

In an attempt to save you from further revealing your slow uptake rate, I'm in this thread again.

1-2 day delivery on the Amazon site is a service which ensures that your shipment takes no longer than two working days to get to your delivery address, from the amazon dispatch centre.

The time it takes from when you click the 'Place order with mammys credit card' button, to that order being boxed and collected from the dispatch area is not included in that one to two days.

You were of the impression that there were some available immediately, this has obviously not been the case. Even if there are loads of them, the stocking information will say 'usually dispatched within 24 hours', not 'leaves warehouse in time for late post'. Your order was dispatched whenever you got the e-mail to inform you of the event, two business days have not yet elapsed since that time, so i'd save that e-mail to drafts.

Doubtless we'll get an update as soon as the parcel hits the hallway floor.

Not you again. Have you ever heard the expression "Nothing ventured nothing gained" As far as I am concerned "imprOv" has a genuine right to claim.

Anything you state is of no consequence to me, and should not be to him either. For someone so critical, why do you visit threads you hate just to belittle people.

I'm a celebrity ambassador for the common sense foundation, here to spread the faith. Like Angelina Jolie for UNICEF, but with smaller lips and no weird fetishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I have used amazon in the past and had a very positive view of them. Their key selling points for me were ease of use/convenience/availability of all publications.

However, my recent experiences have been anything but good. I purchased an e-book off them and whatever system they have in place, i couldnt unlock the damn thing - and nor could they advise me on how to do this.

Having received a refund for the ebook, i proceeded to purchase the hard copy - only to realise after the purchase that the transaction was not directly with amazon themselves. Almost two months later and i have not received my purchase. It appears that everyone has been conned by this amazon reseller - the reseller has been blacklisted by amazon and I am attempting to get a refund from amazon themselves...... :mad:

bennyx_o wrote:
    The delivery was something like 25 pound. :rolleyes: I'm going to email them when I get it and ask for a refund for the delivery.

Well Bennyx_o,

Have you received your goodie's yet ?...as this issue is having a seriously detrimental effect on poor 'ImprOv's' psychological well being ;) .

Dont mean to spoil your thread here but.....

A parcel i'm expecting from England shipping through Omega Express has been sitting in London since last friday :mad: Getting "Rec'd parcel but no data" crap. Apparently there was no address on it! So after givving my address to them 3 Times! it still hasnt moved.

I'm gonna be well pissed on the phone toomorrow. Cost £25 also :mad:

Advertisement