Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyeliner Boy Not To Be Trusted

Options
  • 26-08-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is already known (im new)-but eyeliner boy is NOT to be trusted. If he tries to sell you tix to gigs ignore him. I was stupid enough to buy 2 fake snow patrol tix off him. It was really dodgy but I really REALLY wanted to go and so did my friend and it was going to be a surprise for her cos her granny died and she couldnt go to the frames last week but the two faced BASTARD ripped me off. Has anyone else been fooled by him?? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Caveat emptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

huh?? if everyone new this about eyeliner bastard please tell me :(

It means buyer beware.

is eyeliner bastard known for this?

To be perfectly honest you bought the tickets at your own risk "caveat emptor" does not exist for no reason. If you'd bought the tickets on the F/S Tickets forum you might have a case, but there's very little you can do or anyone else from Boards.ie can do about it as it would appear you bought them through this forum/PM.

All you can really do is learn from this and try to buy from a trusted source or the F/S Tickets forum in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Send a pm to the mod of FS tickets with his name. He'll probably be banned.

Looking at his post history he seems to be quite the tout. Doesn't look like anyone has complained before though.

Jim from what I can tell the ticket was sold from this forum. There's nothing Lemming or the other mods can really do as he committed no offence on their forum.

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh, apologises. Thought it was from FS.

/me shrugs harder

Oh if it was from FS I'd say she definitely has a case, but otherwise there's not much she can do but learn from the experience.

i know i was stupid and i pretty much regreted it straight after but it was for the love of snow patrol. I just wanted to warn everyone else out there so no one else is fooled by him. He even had the cheek to start flirting with me by text after i bought them off him. He really lives up to his new name-eyeliner bastard. he is such a two faced asshole

• Advertisement

I guess you could P.M. an admin and a mod from F/S Tickets so they're aware of his dodgy practices.

If you need any names or anything drop me a PM.

i put a wanted ad on the FS forum. Im only new and I actually only joined this website to put an ad up so im not really familiar with everything. Its not even that i lost all that money its the fact that he has it now :mad: :mad: I may have been an easy target but he is still a scumbag for doing what he did if that makes any sense to you

Ah ok, so he did contact you as a result of a For Sale thingie...

Hrm... this changes things.

What you need to do is send a PM to either Lemming or Mercury_Tilt and possibly an admin. I see you've already started a thread on the forum. Ahm... the lads are usually very good and will probably try sort you out and even if it's not with a refund etc. then Declan Markey a.k.a. Eyeliner_Boy will probably get banned.

is that his real name declan markey??? i sent a pm to someone today who i thought might have bought somrthing off him and they said they didnt buy it cos they got a pm off someone warning them. If people know about eyeliner bastard and his evil ways why isnt there something about him on any of the forums. Im sure he has fooled people before am i the only one whose bother to warn people?

i am such a fool. :(

No fair play to you for bothering to warn people about him. It would seem that other people are too lazy or otherwise to do so. I'll have a word with Lemming and see what he' can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Eyeliner boy is one of the most entertaining things to happen to boards.

MrGump wrote:
    Eyeliner boy is one of the most entertaining things to happen to boards.

what do you mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

L.W wrote:
    He even had the cheek to start flirting with me by text after i bought them off him.

The mans a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

you're not the only one, my rip off only came to light 2 days ago, I didn't post straight away because I thought if I kept things quiet and went through the proper channels, cops, admins / mods, all of which I did immediately before shouting loudly on the boards, then I might be able to track him.
    No luck.....
    I'm guessing that the mods/admins went through his account and warned ppl he had pm'd, not sure though.
    My dealings were done through fs tickets.

TBH the guy seems like a bit of a wierdo.......

bandit wrote:
    The mans a legend

Correction: hes a two faced asshole. i found someone else whom hes done this to. Hes still trying to deny that hes ripped me off. this guy is unbelieveable

• Advertisement

I started a thread about this on the mod forum last night and the matter is being dealt with. Hopefully someone has gotten in touch with you by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is just one reason why the mods on F/S insist that all dealings are done on thread and PM trading will earn you a ban.

Live and learn L.W., live and learn.

This Eyeliner_boy sounds like someone who'll screw over the wrong guy soon enough and end up dead in a ditch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

While we are on the subject IANLOVESKATHLEEN sold me soke coke and pills it turned out to be sugar and tic tacs so be careful..........
    Thankfully I'm diabetic so I got just as good as buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Bandit you are a tit!

Fact is; a member of boards is ripping off other members and ppl seem to be more concerned about calling the guy names and "talking" threateningly, as opposed to a guy who has actually committed a crime and robbed members.
    This whole incident is getting more frustrating by the day!

If the mods or admins could help that would be great though, Amz how did ya find out his name? It's not the one myself and LW where given, which is undoubtedly a false name.
    Any help you guys could give us to pass on to the cops would be greatly appriciated.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

You know there's plenty of ways to get revenge if you have his phone number.

How many of them are legal?
    I realise what he did wasn't kosher but to be honest you don't want to be the one stung in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I was thinking this thread would be something humourous from its title, perhaps slagging Placebo or the Cure. But I'm glad it isn't.

I have a good few mates who are dedicated followers of fashion.... I mean music, they'll want to know this.

I'm very sorry to hear your misfortune LW and Grimlock, but thank you very much for bringing it up publicly so we can learn not to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 velma

This is the funniest thread ive seen in a long time! Mr Gump i agree with you 100% :D

I think you need to get out more velma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

what you do is get this guy, meet up, take him to a warehouse, tie him to a chair, beat him and cut his face, cut his ear off, pour kerosene over him and then burn him.

problem solved.

yes, i am sane. *twitch*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement